Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hkrish (Senior Engineer)     26 August 2012

Employment+business

Hello,

Im working in IT industry. I have come up the hard way in life by self-learning a lot in my field.

To help myself and the students in IT i want to start a training company which will help them relate their theroretical knowledge with the way practically it is done in real-time. I am planning to start this in my fathers name, whatever the money earned will be given to him and i will just be working as an unpaid trainer. Thus helping the students and my father, who is retired.

Apart from just earning money, i really enjoy the self-satisfaction of helping an another with the knowledge learnt, thus adding honest value addition in society without affecting the employer in any manner.

According to the offer letter with the present company in which i am working, i am not supposed to enter into any work/business-part-time, full-time directly or indirectly. My present employer may not permit to execute the above business even though it will not at all affect their business.

Given this, is there a way to get into the above business without hindering my present employment? Is there a way to protect it?

Sorry for a big email !

thanks!

Krish

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 August 2012

it is felt that answer is No.

All good companies conduct CSR activities. Convince your management and obtain approval in writing.

Many of the promoters, managers and companies are publicity concious and if convinced may even provide space and infrastructure.

Or you may attach yourself with soem NGO and do it on honoraray basis without any kind of honorarium and even in this case obtain concurrence in writing.

Dont do it at the cost of your job.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     31 August 2012

i respect your great help to the persons who want to learn but the sources are that they cannot afford to take it as an when it comes in there way

so, my sincere suggestion u can take up on your father's name and start but u should not be on the rolls means ur name should not come anywhere only guest lecturers type.

and even u can convince ur present employer to help makeing others to make apperance as guest training classes to the persons who want to gain knowledge.

this may be tough to gain support from the employer because they want that  there employee should be in 100% concentration only to there compnay while working but u can present with confidence and gratitude to help others will help u

k mahesh

Hkrish (Senior Engineer)     07 September 2012

Thanks a lot for the answers.

1. I checked with my HR regarding CSR, she said such a practise (even if i run in my fathers name, and give guest lectures) it is not allowed (since im indirectly contributing). Reason is tomorrow many more employees will come asking for the same. That is the reason i have signed for both direct/indirect. I felt very sad, as i know that i would only help them get better engineers and not contest with them. I am not starting a company against them.

2.I tried attaching with NGO (in other words made it FREE), conducting weekend worshops. Problem is i never got serious students. I saw only if they opened the pockets and shelled out their money like 15K or 20K for 6 months, only then they're becoming serious. Now i have changed it to try for 10 days, pay later, but it has increased the traffic and was seeming not required, as reputation is already built.

Note: There are 100 engineer colleges in bangalore, churning out lots of engineers every year. I have been training in electronics, computer science, to casual and project students, on evenings and weekends. Also conduct legos, robotics, practical-physics to school children to make learning more interesting and entertaining by making practical. Many parents in my apartment have told, that their children are taking more interest in studies due to my summer camps which are practical. Couple of engineering students have got job in good companies (including mine, but on other department, without my influence). Due to legal fear, i stopped in between. But their next-batch students are asking for the same. Their concern is if i can give a certificate it wil be good, but i could not, as of now im just a poor TUTION-MASTER, running the show by word of mouth, no-company or title, who cannot take it to next level.

My father, friends in apartments are saying to go ahead, but i find that i cannot protect my self legally in this aspect.

Overall i feel v.sad, when i learnt that every other office has got the same policy, and i have some stuff at hand and im forced not to share, which will help others

Regards

Krish

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register