LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeetu Arora   07 March 2023

Efficiency of disclaimer deed over registered will

My grandmother Nani in her last registered will which was also signed as a witness by her legal heir my mama gave me and my kid sister and brother her entire property disowning my mama and my mother.in 1988 she expired we were kids.after attaining majority my uncle mama and mami started emotional blackmail..they got us sign the disclaimer deed in 2005 for that property..can disclaimer deed is enough..as we bacame the owner ofvthe property after her death in 1988..either we can make a sale deed or a gift deed..in the will it was written that no matter what my mama if adopts any child will not get anything..now we have challanges the disclaimer deed in court after the demise of my mama..and his adopted girl is claiming the whole property..plz experts I'm waiting for ur valuable opinion..thanx

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 March 2023

Disowning do not affect succession right of your mama and mother for their ancestral property even through registered will executed, registered and bequeathed by your nani.

Right of the children of your mama and mother is intact in above circumstances, which has to be ascertained after analysing the subject will.

Disclaimer deed is unheared in legal parlance, means "no" such deed is valid, if I am not wrong.

Show the will executed by your nani to a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses and professional advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register