LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishalssss (Engineer)     05 March 2014

Educational expenses of daughter after marriage

I got married two years back. I've not taken a single rupee as dowry.

My wife is doing Masters. She asked her parents to pay the educational expenses.

Her Father refused to pay the expenses.

Legally, Is her father bound to pay Educational Expenses of a daughter after marriage?

Neither My wife or I want the property share from her father, Just want her father to pay her Educational Expenses.

Learning

2 Replies

abhijeet (Executive)     05 March 2014

father is not bound to pay Educational Expenses of a major daughter after marriage

sandykrish (Interested in Family LAW)     05 March 2014

Vishalsss grow up buddy. Do you expect the parents to take care of you always. Give them some peace. You are duty bound to maintain your wife in all the aspects, plan your finances accordingly and sit with your wife and express the future plans.

No law in India will be able to help for the sacrifice you have made by not accepting the dowry, who asked you not to take in the beginning didn't you expect that you will face this situation. Jokes apart, taking and giving dowry are both crimes.

Why are you asking their parents to pay? Why cant you askyour mom and dad to finance the studies of your wife...... To be practical what ever she earns post marriage is the property of in-laws and hsuband right?

Shame on your part.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register