LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sharma3690 (Owner)     23 December 2010

Education degree taken back

One lady was married 7 years(November 2003) ago but she is writing on all the official papers that she is unmarried since November 2003. She has got the degree of MPharm from a Reputed college of Mumbai  in June 2009 & presently working with Pharma Industries. If anybody make complains in the Mumbai university so what action will be there. Is her degree will taken back or some punishment. Pls let me know. 


 8 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     23 December 2010

it is offence but  who one not return back the degree cirtificate, you can file case against her at police station

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     23 December 2010

It can not be expected from a College or University to cancel the degree on such ground. Moreover, for the institution, it is difficult to investigate and prove that student had misled about his marital status.

Sharma3690 (Owner)     23 December 2010

One person is having all court marriage details & copy of all marriage papers. then what will happen. Jail?

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 December 2010

Degree of any University can be taken back by the university under its Acts and Rules and not otherwise.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     23 December 2010

Degree of any University can be taken back by the University only under its own Acts and Rules and not otherwise.

HANUMANT DESHMUKH (Activist)     23 December 2010

While it is true that a Univ can take back the degree according to its acts, rules, or by laws, such provisions must not be arbitrary.

In this case, even if the university takes back the degree on the ground that she misstated her marital status (which I seriously doubt), I believe the provision would be sensless and can be successfully challenged in the court.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 December 2010

I dont thik the University can recall the degree for every offence except those falling under the preview of the University Acts and Rules.

Ramachandran (Vedic Scholar)     29 December 2010

Only if the University is affected by telling lie (If she received any scholarship)  they can charge. Otherwise the University  is not having any rights to enter in the affair of the student. This judgement I read when I was a student. Say in 1970s

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads