LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

casedivorce   06 January 2019

Dv case filed by wife

Hi ,

I am in USA and my wife is in India since 1.5yrs, 

first she filed false case in USA during her stay and it got dismissed , she went to india by filing dv case and went to india, since then neither she contacted me or i tried to contact her, as it was arranged marriage we tried to get this mediated but her family never wanted to discuss as they just need money and dint have anything negative to say against me, 40days of her stay in USA we enjoyed, i have almost daily basis pics of roaming outside, having food at restauraunts etc, 

now after 1.5yrs they went and filed 498A in women cell, and this got dismissed as false case by her, now after 1.5yrs they have filed dv case in court asking money for her maintanence , i dont want to pay single rs as this complete marriage was drama to get money, i was cheated and for wat reason should i pay her when she herself went out of marriage and staying at her house, ? her family does not have any income they r looking her as main source of income now, this is purely cheat, 

they failed DV case in india stating that they tried to settle matter with my parents and relatives and v scolded her and her parents and sent them seems, but they never did so, nor they have evidence, they are still running away to discuss infront of everyone, 

wat i should do? my parents are running behind court dates, even having all evidence that i never harmed her nor asked 1rs also as dowry they are harrasing with all false cases.  my life is stuck





 3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     07 January 2019

Firstly engage some experienced lawyer to handle the case. The fact you both never lived together in India but only in USA, the DV complaint case should have been got dismissed by now on this very ground. What your lawyer doing in this regard, just making his fee. As far paying her maintenance, the financial status of both parties have to be checked before allowing it to wife. Able bodied, educated and having means to maintain herself, such wife will not be allowed any maintenance just because if she wants to remain away from husband for no reason and purposely not working.

casedivorce   08 January 2019

Hi Vijay Raj,

1: They tried to make link between USA DV (dismissed)case to India DV case. with this sitation on USA case can they file case in India? 

2: She went to india on sept 2017 , and raised DV case now recently more then 1 yr , can they still file DV case? 

3: what happens if i dont responsd to court notice which is coming to my home in India , ? 

I will speak with my lawyer to get case dismissed by next date. 





vinay_2431 (engineer)     08 January 2019

Hello Mr,

     I am also in the same Boat as you. whats your email ID, or email me at   " "

we are also fighting a similar case like yours, I am from andhra pradesh,



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads