LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok (Software engg)     20 November 2013

Dv act any sec from 18-22 can wife ask for share in property

Can wife ask for shares in husband property  under any law/any act?

Ashok

Learning

7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     20 November 2013

Share in property cannot be asked under any law for the time being.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 November 2013

No she cannot ask share in the property under any act, but if she has got child thru., child she can ask her share in the ancestral property of the husband, if she is hindu.

my baby is only 10month old..so she cant ask now right?

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     20 November 2013

yes, she can file a partition suit against you if the property is ancestral on behalf of the baby. but she can not claim the property u/s 18-20 of DV act or any other present act for herself. 

this is property is bought by me ..if i gift it to my mother then? all negative possiblity will reduce?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2013

As per the present law, you can dispose your self acquired property as pr your sweet will, nobody can intervene in it including court of law so whether to give a share of your property or to deny the same to your child depends on your decision.  The wrath on your better (bitter?) half should not spread over to the infant child which is your own blood, think.

Vinit (Supervisor)     01 December 2013

Hi, Can wife ask for the share on Husband property under DV case? (I hv purchased home along with my father) Also we doesn't have child and relation with my wife was only for five months and then she left my house on her own will and now file a DV case against me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register