Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Victim of Greed (Worker)     17 June 2013

Drafting a petition for party in person

Hello all,

May i ask for a favour from you guys ? I am drafting an appeal for interim maintenance order passed under domestic violence act. I am doing this on my own and will representing the case too by myself.

Normally, when there is an advocate involved to represent the petitioner, he draft using the word "PETITIONER"...

Apart from my name on the heading as a petitioner, do I have to mention myself using the word PETITIONER or MYSELF in the entire petition ?

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     17 June 2013

You - Appellant

Your wife- Respondant

1 Like

Shantilal Pandya ( Advocate)     18 June 2013

Yes you can ,

1 Like

stanley (Freedom)     18 June 2013

Agree with the above repliers and 

Section 29 in The Protection Of Women From Domestic Violence Act, 2005
29. Appeal.- There shall lie an appeal to the Court of Session within thirty days from the date on which the order made by the Magistrate is served on the aggrieved person or the respondent, as the case may be, whichever is later. CHAPTER V MISCELLANEOUS CHAPTER V MISCELLANEOUS
1 Like

Vikas Setia (Legal Advisor and Petition Drafting)     18 June 2013

As you appealing against an order u/s 29 of DV act  so you will be appellant while  your spouse will be respondent (already indicated by Archana ji and Stanely ji).

1 Like

Victim of Greed (Worker)     22 June 2013

Hello all, For appealing against the order u/s 29 of DV act, do i need to add Roznama too ? If so, may i know the reason why is it needed for ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register