LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DrishyamDrishti (NA)     05 December 2023

Dowry case after 9 years of marriage

Dowry was taken at the time of marriage. Also, during the 9 years of marriage about 6 lakh Rupees were taken on various pretexts through Bank account transfers and as cash. Though promise of returning the money was made, but very less amount was actually returned by husband. Husband has been threatening to abandon wife if asked for returning money. He gives Rs.5000 per month now as monthly maintenance besides paying for electricity bill of the house. Husband has resorted to physical and mental assault now on the directions of his mother. 

Can a Dowry case u/s 498 a be filed now after 9 years ?


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 December 2023

Since there are ample proofs to prove that the dowry demand is continuous, she can file a dowry harassment criminal complaint against her husband even now. 

1 Like

DrishyamDrishti (NA)     06 December 2023

Thank you sir for you reply. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 December 2023

You are welcome for your appreciations

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register