Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad___r (NOT working)     09 April 2010

Dowary IPC 498 A

Sir,

My wife has filed dowary case against me after one and half years left my house, she left house after quarling for separate house. Her brother is a Asst Commissioner (Revenue ) in bangalore, and he is married to daugher of High court Judge. I am the only one son.my parents are aged and unwell. After she left my house we went to judge house also, but he was also in the same boat.

Please advice.

Learning

6 Replies

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     09 April 2010

Has she filed a police complaint or filed a private case ?? There is quite a big gap of one and a half years in filing the case / complaint which will work out to ur favour ..... and why did u go to meet the judge ... I do not understand ... Pl. be more specific as to what has been filed ......

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     11 April 2010

First consult a lawyer and apply for anticipatory bail.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     15 June 2010

Do agree with the views of Mr. Ramesh

Ayub S. Pathan (Legal Adviser)     16 June 2010

Mr. Prasad

Just think of the first action. Fight divorce case...Don't think of other  issues unless it comes

to your way. Nobody is above Law.. No Judge...No revenue commissioner..they are very small people

before Law. Go Ahead and defend..Consult Lawyer..

Ayub S. Pathan, Legal Adviser, Mah state CID,Pune

l

sangeetha (Advc)     17 November 2010

Thanks for all your suggestions.

If  wife files a dowry case against husband after 2 Yrs , it doesnt mean she is wrong.  What if she discovers that her husband is mentally ill / has extra marital affairs / has some physical disorder / has lied about his job  -  AFTER 2 Yrs of their wedding ???

Women need to fight aginst such men who hide their true identity and get married for the sake of pleasure / for the sake of respect in the society / for the sake of ...

As Dharmesh has quoted that the case will be in  favour of Prasad, this again depends on what the actual situation is. A wife spends 2 Yrs with husband  and files a case after that , there must a genuine reason behind it . That wife would not be so foolish to do it, until and unless there is a strong reason behind it.

What if a wife comes to know AFTER 2 Yrs OF MARRIAGE that her husband is flirting with many women / or is already married to another women  . People cant expect such wife to sit at home silently.

veeresh pai (APC)     25 November 2010

My wife deserted me 5yrs ago & walked away from my life & family leaving my aged mother .till today i have tried to patch up from mediations through family & friends circles. she & her family are showing negligence & blaming me for no fault of mine .My parents are sick and suffering from BP and depression.My elder brother is married, am staying with my mother  and brother .my wife doesn’t want to live with them , she wants me to come out of the family. I lost my dad when I was 2Yrs, my elder brother took care of me and my mother. I cant leave him .

My wifes brother is into politics and she threatens me every time. She finally filed 498a.

Later some how after so many trials in court , they arrived at a compromise formula. She came back after 2yrs and acted as if she really wants to live with me. Later we had a child also. She went to her moms palce for delivering the child and never returned . She has again pulled me and my family and filed DV – Domestic Voilence. Later we discovered that she had an affair with her school boyfriend, but forcefully married to me. It was for the 60 acres of land we had in mangalore, she was married to me.

People don’t accept the fact that she has an affair, because her brother is in politics. Am not sure if that child she has delivered is mine or not.

I have been fooled . Actually I wanted to marry my sisters daughter, but my fate made me marry this women, who spoilt my peace of mind. I have applied for a divorce but her brother is not willing for that. And my parents and relatives don’t want to accept her any more.

We gave her a chance once , but she misused it. Should I accept her or not. Pls suggest me.

My mother feels that if she comes back forcefully, again she may continue her affair with her boyfriend.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register