IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sangeetha Iyer (nil)     07 September 2013

Domestic violence

What is evidence in a DV case? After evidence, how long it takes for granting IM? If the objection is not filed by the Respondent, can he do the same when the petioner applies for  IM? Supposing the respondent says, he is ready to take back his wife will the court ask him to pay any compensation to the petitioner, as there will be no question of maintenance, if both r going to live together.


 4 Replies

DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     07 September 2013

It is the petitioner who should have to take the oath in the court ( Affidavit to be tendered). Further if the Protection officer has submitted the report and recommend to the IM, then court has to grant the IM to the petitioner. Petitioner is entitle to get the IM even residing with Husband in his house.



BHRIGU DUTTA (ADVOCATE)     08 September 2013

A mother has been driven out from her husband house after his death by her both son , in which section case file 125 crpc or domestic violence act?








DEEPAK ASSOCIATES (08010117611)     09 September 2013

Mother is entitle to get relief u/s 125 CrPC from the both sons it is court who decided how much amount to be paid by which son

Sangeetha Iyer (nil)     10 September 2013

Domestic violence case is filed against the spouse. Can he tell in the court that I am ready to take them back and avoid giving maintenance / compensation. How much maintenance a wife can get if the husband happens to earn about 60-70,000/- and owns a car and house. If he has not filed objection before evidence, are there chances for him to file the same before IM.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query