LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Gulyani (Student)     04 July 2016

Docs for mutual consent

What documents are needed for mutual consent divorce?  There is no child out of wedlock and wife do not want any alimony or maintenance..  Pure divorce by mutual consent.

Please correct me if anything more needed out of below mentioned documents:

 Marriage Certificate & Marriage Photo,

Passport Size photo,

Identity and address proof of both.

Anything else out of it?

Also, please let me know is it compulsary to keep lawyer? or husband and wife can file together?


Husband will be travelling a long distance for this.  Is there any prior arrangements to be done?  or one day prior or same day filling will do??


 2 Replies

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     04 July 2016

 Dear Sachin Gulyani,

The documents listed by you are absolutely perfect.

Marriage Certificate & Marriage Photo, Passport Size photos, Identity and address proof of both.

If the marriage date conducted in choultry or temple and Marriage Certificate date is different, then you have to produce Marriage Invitation and both the marriage dates have to be mentioned in petition to dissolve marriage by way of Mutual consent.

If the parties are well aware about drafting petition, affidavits and procedure of law,  both H & W can conduct their case in person before Hon'ble court.

If parties are not aware about law &  procedure, it is always recommend to hire service of an advocate.   

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     04 July 2016

Advocate acts as court of friend and facilitate the process with interpretation of statute.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register