I have taken an MSME loan from Bank of India

It is a ladies tailoring unit. 

The bank manager come to the unit so often in the name of inspection

When I asked he said, he has authority to inspect the unit at any time

Is there any provision like that?

Learning

9 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 September 2023

With the economy hit by the COVID-19 crisis, banks are now preparing for a possible spike in bad loans. According to experts, bad loans (NPAs) of the banks are expected to rise to 11-11.5% of the total advances by March 2021. In this context of default risk by the COVID induced lockdown continues to exacerbate the repayment capabilities of borrowers, credit monitoring is of paramount importance.  The lenders in this situation have to cut losses and save possible humiliations of being named as a bank with a huge volume of bad loans. Credit monitoring is the process of periodically reviewing your credit reports for accuracy and changes in the creditworthiness of the borrower that could be indicative of fraudulent activity. So the regular inspection of the borrowers’ unit (factory, godown, etc.) is one of the utmost important activities of the post-sanction monitoring. The unit inspection/Godown inspection conducted by the lenders at regular intervals is to verify the actual use of the loan to see whether it has been used for the purpose for which it was originally sanctioned.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     14 September 2023

Frequent inspection of branch manager is just to reduce the account becoming NPA.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     14 September 2023

If you pay your loan installments properly then why would he vist again again that is not his job, you should complain with GM

(Guest)

I value the opinion of every experts, but my question is, can he visit any time to premise without permission and that too forcefully? As borrower, I do not have any privacy? Is the law allow it?

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     17 September 2023

No, frequent inspection is not permissible.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2023

whether EMI are regular.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar, Advocate

whether EMI are regular.

EMIs are paid on time

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2023

still bank canot be stopped from inspection of the venture.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar, Advocate

still bank canot be stopped from inspection of the venture.

On what basis? Is there any guidelines set by RBI for this? What if I file a case against that manger for disturbing me? When you say something there should be a logic. Periodic visit or whatever it may be, they should inform before coming to my premise. Bank might have given a loan to me, but the resources like my expertise in this field, others expertise, my marketing team everything is not given by bank. 
So, if he come to my premise anymore in the name of inseption or whatever it may be, i will stop paying the emi, will register complaint with the Bank higher authorities and file a case in the court.

Let me see what will happen.

thank you all for your time.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register