LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya Kumar (Small Proprietor)     02 November 2016

Divorce within 6 months of marriage

    I am a 48 year old middle class man, i got married in April this year. It is my 3rd marriage aswellas my wife's 3rd marriage. I have 2 daughters from my 1st marriage(my first wife expired whereas my second wife was mentally sick so i got divorced from her), my septogenarian parents in my family.
My wife had brought her daughter(10 year old) from her previous marriage along to which I & my family accepted. Within a month problems started coming as she refused to do any household work, she forced my mother to do the household chores while my daughters were away to the college. Things worsened when there used to be regular kalesh in the house. She left the house thrice without informing anyone & used to go to her friends place.
When her brother was informed of her behaviour,he along with his wife, sister and his brother in law came to our house to make peace. But she didn't listen to them aswell. She then started ill treating my daughters & used to threaten that she will commit suicidde. Due to this my daughters and ny mother feared her. Due to this we sent her to her brother's house. Her family insisted us to take her along but my family didn't felt safe with her coz she used to say 'sorry' and do the same thing again.
   In august I filed for divorce, Kindly guide on how to go further since I have her audio recordings as the only proof.


 5 Replies

That should accompany a application stating intolerable cruelty. Anyway petition will be dismissed. Before that u withdraw it. Wait another six months and file mutual divorce. U needed maid not wife. She wants to be wife not maid. Marriage looks good once. Max twice. After 2nd time marriage look like joke. Going for divorce third time looks bigger joke than marrying third time. I myself is become mookastabdha after reading your query. Anyway you filed for divorce. Sorry. I really donno what to say.

OK.I.get ur point. Ur not experienced in contested divorce. Read old posts. Contested divorce is divoooooooooorce. Mutual divorce is divorce. The former may take two decades to finish. Latter is over within 6 months if both Hus n wife consent. File a complaint against her that she tried to commit suicide in jurisdiction police station. I say don't do anything. U did big mistake by remarry. U could have hired maid. Nowadays girls won't do household work. U have to do it. If u want this to work hire maid.
1 Like

A walk alone (-)     03 November 2016

It appears marriage is game for you 3rd time divorce! Best way go MCD if she agrees. Other wise you already file contested divorce . ask your lawyer to file complain in PS that she is threatening to commit suicide. Ask him to file 2-3 more cases. Your mother can file dv.No matter you have evidence or not ,file it at different places. Because you file divorce it may possible she can backfire 498a or dv. Initially evidence not require till evidence stage come may be possible they fed up roaming court and come for MCD. Next time better don't marriage. Instead of marriage, better concentrate on your daughters carrier.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     03 November 2016

I think something is wrong with her mind. She doesn't know what  she is talking or doing. For a while postponing the divorce decision show her to  a psychiatrist AND ONCE HE CURES YOUR FRIEND'S WIFE  THR0UGH MEDICIES AND PSYCHOTHERAPY My be she starts signs of getting aong with you.  Otherwise your friends wife consents  he can  file MCD. Or your friend can file contested divorce.If the psychiatrist declares her to  be normal you can cancel your decision  to divorce. If he declares your wife  of unsound mind you can divorce her on this ground.If she  is normal  and doesn't coperate with  hwer  husband in anyrhthing in contested divorce you charge her with cruelty. andconstrutive desertion. If you  appreciate this  answer please click the thank you button  on this forum.

1 Like

Disagree with above advise of Usha kapoor. Taking to a doctor will complicate things further. The correctness of a report given by doctor is always questionable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query