LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nazp   14 November 2020

Divorce notice

I have been married for exactly 3 years now and have a 2 year old daughter. I’m from Maharashtra and my husband is from another state which is far away from Maharashtra. We met on a matrimonial website, spoke and met for few months and got married very soon.During the wedding when we asked him about his demands, he said he had nothing.He neither has his own house, nor is settled and looks 10 years elder to his age.Things were fine for initial 6 months.After  which he has constantly started taunting my parents for not giving dowry.He never asks anything directly but will keep giving examples of women whose parents have given them a house, car etc. after their wedding.He keeps talking negative things about my parents all the time like they don’t talk much, their eating habits are not right which is not true.He says they have not given anything to their daughter, asks me to fight with them for my rights in just a year of marriage.After marriage, he keeps saying that his business is on the downswing which no one will believe as he rarely works hard.For example, just yesterday when I told him that he is not meeting any new client to acquire business, he said its because he cannot leave me alone at home, but that’s not the case since my parents live nearby and I can easily go there whenever he wants to go for business meetings.Isnt this an excuse for not working ? He does not like me talking or staying with my parents.His health has started suffering after marriage according to him. My parents are ready to buy us a house but I feel that wont be enough, he will keep harassing me mentally like this for money all my life. What about his responsibilities towards me ?

I’m working for the last 1.5 yrs and contributing to household expenses and still he wants to help financially in his business, send money to his parents, pay his credit card bills incurred before marriage, car loan incurred before our marriage etc.

He has also been in a live-in relationship with a divorcee before marriage and the women left him in 4 yrs.

Pls help as I do not trust him anymore, can such a marriage work ?

Is divorce the only solution or some other legal intervention/arrangement/compromise possible ?

I do not want to be a freeloader to this abusive, lazy and greedy family anymore.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     14 November 2020

Hello,

As per the case stated by you, your husband is causing cruelty to you and this can be a ground for getting a divorce. If you do not want a divorce you can discuss the issues with him by involving both side parents. You can also take help of marriage counselling or local police station woman cell. Further, you can file a maintenance application against your husband as he is liable to maintain you and your child. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     14 November 2020

1. Bluntly speaking, such marriages do not work in the long run, more specifically when there are abusive & insulting demands etc....

2. DIVORCE him and start life afresh, based on your varied experiences.  No point suffering since nobody joins you in your suffering.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 November 2020

Divorcing such a man and start life afresh is the only option with you, if you can not adjust/ tolerate.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     15 November 2020

I think you need to understand the real intention behind his tuantinga nd all that, to end marraige is not all that good. But as you desribed appears that he is not certainly a good man, and may be in future he would be a big trouble for you. I would sy think calmly and properly, and if you think by charecter or nature he is good enogh then give him a chance But if you think he is not a good person then certainly this is high time to bade good by to this marriage. 

Just never do blunder to buy anything on his name, keep your property in  your own name. Take a break go to your parents home, take your child and stay there and don' let him to satry there, be strict to him and if he tries to to do any hanky panky just warn him of police complaint. After staying alobe for some time you may get a good chance to  shape your future..

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 November 2020

Yes, you have option to seek divorce, preferably through mutual divorce. As already suggested, it is advisable to be prudent in any future dealing with him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register