LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

satya (Manager)     20 November 2011

Divorce application under section 13a.

My mutual consent divorce is pending in family court. I want to file divorce under section 13A of Hindu marriage act 1955 on the basis of cruelty and desertion. Whether it is permitted as per rule as my wife have submitted an application for withdrawing consent in mutual consent divorce? Please guide me


 5 Replies

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 November 2011

If the court allows her application to withdraw MCD, then you are entitled to file a contested divorce petition.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     20 November 2011

Yes, you can withdraw your MCD and file on available grounds.



Shonee Kapoor

shalaka rajput (Advocate)     20 November 2011

yes u can file a petition u/s. 13 a, by withdrawing the petition filed u/s. 13B

ravivakill (ADVOCATE)     20 November 2011

after the expiry of manadatory period  i.e. 6 months if judge allows

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     22 November 2011

Yes unless you have given consent for 2nd motion.


But why would you want to do it? Is your spouse getting married and seems to be happier now, which you are unable to digest?



Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register