LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need_Help (xyz)     12 November 2015

Divorce alimony

1.One year before my wife registered false 498A complaints against me n my family. 2.At the time of bail proceeding, case had gone for mediation . 3.She agreed on some amount and signed the consent along with both lawyers and Judge. 4.In 2 days, as she was interested in more money she came up to the court and lied to the court saying she was pressurized during mediation and she wants to save the marriage, so court kept the mediation report aside and we got the bail. 5. I have filed the divorce petition in next 6 months and 1st date is in December 6.Surprisingly she also filed divorce petition and we both will appear in the court in month of Dec. IN the court she said she wants to save marriage and now she has filed for divorce� It is very well we can understand that she is interested in more money. 7. In the petition she is asking for 50 lac alimony. She is earning more than me. What will happen in this case? How court will handle this matter? Thanks need help

Learning

3 Replies

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     12 November 2015

Hi Sir,

Once the case is in courts, Judge is going to look at the facts about the status of husband and wife's earning capability to award alimony and such a legal procedure is long time consuming and might run into many years.

Your wife wants to frustrate you by trying to prolong the case so that you will come forward to meet her money demands.

So, here is my suggestion and it will frustrate your wife and will help you close your case sooner.

As your wife has also filed for divorce, you withdraw your case and do not appear in the case filed by your wife.

Let your wife get ex parte divorce and get lost from your life.

Later you can obtain a copy of ex parte divorce and go for second marriage with a good cultured family oriended non-money minded girl.

All the best.

chandra mohan (power)     12 November 2015

Take utmost care to safeguard your interest in maintanance, alimony and ground of divorce.

Manoj Ahuja (Project Manager)     13 November 2015

1) Is there a child out of this marriage? 2) Does she work? Keep her salary details, slips, form 16 ready to prove in the court that her demands are unreasonable. 3) you need to have sufficient proof that your income doesn't support for this kind of an amount to be paid to her 4) be careful if ur property is in your name as that point will also come out in court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register