LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sam munjal (na)     01 December 2012

Divorce

in divorce case next date is for cross examination  in one date 3 witnnes ka cross ho jaye ga ek witnnes ka cross karne mein kitna time lagta hai  

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     01 December 2012

1. Very vague question.
Reasoning:
It all depends if just 1 question asked or 15 question asked and how much time each witness takes to compose and state a reply. Sometimes even a single question leads to multiple related questions. Sometimes witness takes time to understand question then ld. Judge has to interject and clear the alleged Bar and in other occasions your sides Lawyer will raise his objections to question line. So all these are subjective and not laid in law how much minimum / maximum time a witness should be spending (time wise) standing at Bar before bench to finish off cross examination. What law ref. Salem Advocates Bar Association Vs. UOI
(2005) 6 SCC 344) says is that if a witness produced before Court then even Court hours are over the ld. Judge should take deposition of a witness and witness adjournment should be carefully given with reasoning in writing on material records of the day !  

Abhishek Das (Corporate Sales manager)     03 December 2012

" in case a wrong petion is filed by the petioneer in case of divorce and all alegations are proved to be false then is there any penalty  for the same "

Eg my wife i declaring the marriage as nul and void under sec 12 and gives an allegation that i am impotent and i doubt her, but in reality we never had any physical relation nd she is doing this for her boyfriend , so in this case if allegations are proved false any penalty can be imposed on her ?

please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register