Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (AM)     18 May 2011

Divorce

Dear Experts,

I'd First Brief my Grief.

1. I got Married on Feb 19th 2010.(arranged Marriage)

2. From day one we had issues which never got resolved of her stubbornness in spite of me being very suave.

3. At one point April 29th she staged a suicide drama, where she consumed poison at our home and travelled for an hour to their parents place (located at the other part of the city) to get admitted in hospital.

4. Three weeks later she alongwith her sister walked in to my house and took away all her ornaments not only the ones which their family had given her, but also the ornaments which we had given them (30 Sover).

5. Then we sent a legal notice saying pls come back with the ornaments atleast our's and start leading a life since it makes no sense to be alone just after too months, or else we might have to go for a divorce.

6. Reacting to this my wife had filed a DV case at womens police station for which i was called for an enquiry.

7. The counselling session failed at the station and they refered to Proper counselling, which i attended and where she literally abused me & finally she herself gave in writing that she does not want to live with me.

8. With that we proposed for a divorce, and i have attended 2 counselling's but on both occassion she has been voicing that she wants to live with me.

Their only intention has been to squeeze out money from me, she really does not want to live with me if she really wanted its almost a month past a year since we parted, but she has never tried to get in touch with me what so ever, the entire family in on a rampage for money, and purposefully dragging the case with out giving consent.

My doubts:

a. Please let me know what if the counselling report says that the lady is interested to live but the guy is not.

b.How long (approx) can they drag the case by giving such contradicting statements

c.Will the court ask me to pay them money if divorce is sanctioned.

Please help me out with your inputs.

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 May 2011

Originally posted by :Ram
" My doubts:

a. Please let me know what if the counselling report says that the lady is interested to live but the guy is not.
Take: Councelign reports are neutral to cause can only mention compromised and or as failed.

b.How long (approx) can they drag the case by giving such contradicting statements
Take: Since the matter is before some sort of women's cell in a Police Station and ot a proper DV suit before Magistrate Court so keep a open mind to the counceling part and let your lady try to bake and eat the cake too!

c.Will the court ask me to pay them money if divorce is sanctioned.
Take: From your brief I could not find who and when filed a Divorce suit ? DV Suit is not about Divorce Decree hope your are clarified on this doubt!. regarding maint. during and after divorce both are seperate issues and dependent upon ststaus and ability based for you and for her. There are no. of past posts here about maint. in divorce proceedings which you may refer to gain self knowledge.
"

nippani satya narayana murthy (Advocate/Notary)     19 May 2011

FOR ANY FURTHER REFERENCE YOU MAY CALL ME OVER MY CELL NO: 919989654920 OR MY RESIDEN CE NO : 040 27054660 OR YOU CAN E MAIL ME TO MY MAIL ID : NIPPANIMURTHY@YAHOO.CO.IN  I AM ADVOCATE HIGH COURT OF ANDHRA  PRADESH & CIVIL/CRIMINAL/MATRIMONIAL CASES AND NEGOTIAB LE INSTRUMENTS ACT (BANKING) I DEAL WITH MOST OF MATRIMONIAL CASES

nippani satya narayana murthy (Advocate/Notary)     19 May 2011

I HAVE ALREAY INFORMED TO CALL OVER MY CELL OR LAND LANE OR EMAIL WHO NEED LEGAL ASSISTANCE YOU MAY FOLLW

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register