LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arun kumar sharma (ADVOCATE)     29 July 2008

divorce

SIR,I GOT MARRIED ON 3RD OF DECEMBER 2007,AND FROM THE DAY ONE MY WIFE STARTED ABUSING ME OF HAVING PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIP WITH MY ELDER BROTHERS WIFE.AFTER FEW MONTHS ON 18TH OF MAY HER PARENTS CAME TO MY HOUSE AND TOOK HER AWAY WITH ALL HER BELONGINGS.NOW I DONT WANT TO BRING HER BACK AND WANT TO HAVE DIVORCE WITH MUTUAL CONSENT,BUT HER FATHER WHO IS A INSPECTOR,KEEPS THREATENING US OF GETTING ARRESTED U/S498A.MY PARENTS ARE SO AFRAID THAT THEY HAVE LEFT THE HOME.NOW NEITHER HE IS LODGING AN FIR NOR HE IS AGREEING FOR DIVORCE INSTEAD HE IS MAKING GOONDAS TO THREATEN US.

KINDLY LET ME KNOW IMM THAT WHAT CAN BE DONE TO AVOID ARREST OF MY PARENTS WHO ARE SENIOR CITIZENS.AS ANTICIPATORY BAIL IS NOTE ALLOWED IN MY STATE OF U.P.AND WHAT ACTIONS CAN I TAKE?

THANKS

Learning

12 Replies

GOPI KRISHNA (ADVOCATE)     29 July 2008

first to escape the 498A proceedings against you and your parents, file case for divirse against your wife

second convince your wife and in-laws for a compromise/settlement

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     29 July 2008

498-A is a silent killer.i dont know why this section added in our ipc.it s a dangerous weapon in the women hand.........................................

>>>There have been cases where 498aed families filed a case under DP Act against the wife and her family and arrest warrants were also issued to the "dowry-givers".

If everyone who is facing false dowry charges sues the so-called "dowry-givers" under DP(DOWRY PROHIBTION) Act, it will make a lot of difference to the fight against 498a.

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     29 July 2008

yes, it will be the initial harassment at the hands of the police,once you get a bail then nothing can happen.to the best of my knowledge only in 5 cases out of 100 are convicted.

so dont worry,and now a days the courts are granting anticipatory bails in 498-A cases , to the parents of thhe accused.consult a lawwyer at your place and he will do the rest.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     29 July 2008

Using full CAPS...., it is more difficult to read as well as to understand the matter quickly.

Yes, you are right that anticipatory bail is not allowed in U.P. but if any FIR occurs, you may approach to High Court for quashing of FIR and meanwhile stay of arresting.

You can't file divorce before completion of one year from marriage.

KAMARAJ BHARATHY G (ADVOCATE- HIGH COURT)     29 July 2008

SIR, YOU CAN FILE IMMEDIATELY DIVORCE PETITION.

kumar sachin (lawyer)     30 July 2008

you may file divorce case after 3rd december 2008

but prior to tht either try to convince ur wife or if she files 498A case then go for anticipatory bail before the session court.

now a days courts are vwry liberal in granting Anticipatory bail to the accuseds other than the husband. n once bail is granted, the danger is over.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     30 July 2008

If you file a divorce petiton
immediately you wife will initiate proceedings under 498A IPC. you
better file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights so as to
proveyour bonafides. You can even approach Legal Service Authority for counselling and mediation.

deepak kumar (Advocate)     30 July 2008

the problem here is that Arun does not want to bring his wife back,

one year has also not elapsed of mariage

since no case has been lodged so there is no question of any Anticipatory bail even it was maintainable in U.P

every thing depends on what his wife wants otherwise a complaint of threatening can be made to higher police officials

if case is lodged the parents can go in for quashing in which stay is granted in normal course in UP

puneet (lawyer)     01 August 2008

u can,t file divorce petition because u have not completed one year of ur marriage but there is sec.14 of hma that u can file divorce petetion under great hardship with the permission of the session judge so u can do so

(Guest)

Simply use two citations of our own Delhi HC

Tarun Kumar Vaish Vs. Meenakshi Vaish, 2005 (2) JCC 984

Anita Sharma And Shri Harish Kumar Sharma ..... Petitioners s. Nil, 119 (2005) DLT. 483

Rgds,

(Guest)

Anita Sharma And Shri Harish Kumar Sharma ..... Petitioners s. Nil, 119 (2005) DLT. 483

Rgds,

(Guest)

Rgds,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register