Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lakshmi Balaga   14 September 2021


My brother married on May 25, 2021, her wife left with her boy friend on August 14,2021. We gave missing compliant on her, can we cancel our marriage

 4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   14 September 2021

File suit for divorce .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     14 September 2021

Missing complaint. Let it is police duty. after investigation only let it be decided.

Kevin Moses Paul   14 September 2021

As per your concern you may file for suit of divorce. However, you wouldn't be able to use Desertion as a ground of Divorce since, an individual can only get divorce based upon this ground only if the spouse has been into desertion for a period not less than two years according to the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

Let your police complaint do more of the work, and file for divorce according to it only.

Kevin M. Paul

Vijay Kapoor   14 September 2021

yes you can if you prove that she had left with her boyfriend... divorce on basis of adultery...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query