LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen   26 May 2019

Dividing property

Hi All,

please help me with below query

in Karnataka a Hindu family property has to be divided between 7 brothers (father's property). out of 7 brothers can the property be divided only to 5 brothers ? if yes what documents or what deed is required to be obtained from 2 brothers who are not taking share in property


 6 Replies

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     26 May 2019

Rest of two(2) brother can relase their share By makin Relinquishment  deed in favour of other or in favour of they wants. Relinquishment deed can be excuted before the registrar concern  after paying the very fees prescribed by the state..


Jaspal S Maini


Naveen   27 May 2019

thanks for the reply Jaspal, what if 5 brothers get an affidavit signed by other 2 which states that they are happy to release there rights on property and do not hold any future rights. will this document be valid

Shashi Dhara   27 May 2019

Draft a partition deed in that mention that two brothers relinquish there title infavour of other brothers and register it.

Jaspal singh (practicing lawyer)     27 May 2019

Dear Quriest, well it depends on your requrements, what type of relief you are seeking and what is your requirments.


Jaspal S Maini(Adv)


Naveen   27 May 2019

the property is a ansectral property and owner is died, property has to be divided among 7 sons, out of which only 5 sons are dividing the property and 2 are not taking the property. so if we get a affidavit signed by 2 persons who are not taking any part in property will that be enough to get their legal rights released from property. my requirements are the 2 Sons and their legal hairs should not have any rights in future forever

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     05 June 2019

Disgusting mentality

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query