Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhruv (ABC)     19 August 2013

Dispute - purchase of flat

Dear All,

I have purchased a house property vide Agreement for Sale dt. 20/06/2013. The total consideration was to be paid on or before 10/08/2013. I have made the payment of the total consideration. However the seller is now making absurd demands of not executing the Transfer Deeds unless I make some additional payment.

Ø The relevant clauses in the Agreement are:

1. "THE TRANSFERORS" have agreed to sell, transfer and assign to "THE TRANSFEREES" and "THE TRANSFEREES" have agreed to purchase and acquire the said Flat ___________, together with all rights, title, interest, benefits, sinking fund amount, shares, etc. for the lump sum price or consideration amount of Rs. 40,00,000/- (RUPEES FORTY LAKHS ONLY).

2. "THE TRANSFEREES" will pay to "THE TRANSFERORS" the sum of Rs.2,00,000/- (RUPEES TWO LAKHS ONLY), on execution of this Agreement, as per the details mentioned in the receipt hereafter written, being the part consideration amount, (the payment and the receipt whereof "THE TRANSFERORS" doth hereby admit and acknowledge).

3. THE TRANSFEREES will pay to THE TRANSFERORS the balance consideration amount of Rs.38,00,000/- (RUPEES THIRTY EIGHT LAKHS ONLY on or before 10th August 2013.

4. THE TRANSFERORS shall hand over to THE TRANSFEREES the vacant and peaceful possession of the said Flat against receiving the full consideration amount.

Other clauses are general in respect to execution of other documents, payment of Transfer fees, payment of stamp duty by the purchaser etc.,

Other Facts:

Ø As per the oral agreement, the flat was to be transferred alongwith the furniture. However the same was overlooked while drafting of the Agreement.

Ø The payment of consideration has been made by cheque, which have been cleared. However I do not possess the receipts of payments made as the Broker said he shall prepare the receipts and hand them over the next day;

Ø The possession of the flat has been handed over to me by the Transferor on payment of full consideration on that day

His contentions:

The agreement no where mentions the handing over of furniture by the Transferor. If I disagree to make the additional payment he shall take away the furniture.

He shall not execute the Transfer Forms unless the additional payment is made.

Query:

1. Does the seller has a right to take away the furniture?

2. What remedies do I have to transfer the flat in my name as I have made all the payments?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Learning

3 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     19 August 2013

Once you have paid entire sale consideration 40 lakhs   owner has to execute registered Sale deed. Regarding furniture it is oral agreement not  written in the agreement. Possession of Flat has been handed over to you, I advise you first you see that Registered Sal Deed is executed immediately and obtain statement from your Bank for 38 lakhs paid to owner immediately. Regarding furniture you settle later on. 

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     19 August 2013

You have entered Agreement to purchase Flat and paid Rs.40 lakhs. You do not have receipt for 38 lakhs paid by cheque, you immediately go for registration of Flat. you obtain your Bank Account statement. Furniture is not mentioned in the Agreement, you decide that dispute later.

ravinder singh (Advocate )     20 August 2013

ask for specific performance of the contract. as u have purchased the whole of amount, it will be allowed in one go . 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register