Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SIRAJ   17 July 2020

Dishonour of loan agreement

Dear Sir/Madam,

                                My Father & his sister made an agreement on 20 Rs non judicial stamp paper  in the year 2018.i.e My  Fathers sister was bedridden & under serious medication, so she took a sum of Rs 1, 50, 000 for her medical expenses in cash, by keeping her ancestral property as security & promised my father to release her rights in ancestral property  upon further paying  50,000 Rs . However she died  unexpectedly during medical treatment without returning the money & releasing her rights in October 2019.

Now one among her legal heir does not want to release his rights to my father. In this case how my father can take legal action against them ? 2 other legal heirs are willing to execute any agreement for accepting the consideration taken by their mother.Kindly give us your legal opinion what can we do further ?

 3 Replies

Sunayana Chhabra   18 July 2020

Send a legal notice and if he doesn't agree even thereafter then file a suit. Feel free to contact at for further assistance.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     18 July 2020

It was an unregistered agreement which can not be termed as "mortgage" to have claim over the property of deceased.

Better to settle the matter amicably.

The agreement can not be exhibited and read as evidence for loan.

Consult a local prudent lawyer with all relevant documents for proper analyses, professional guidance and necessary proceeding. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2020

The legal heirs are liable to make good the the money that the lent by your father. But the facts posted do not suggest any vested rights for your father to acquire rights of the deceased  in the property.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query