Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan Kulkarni (CEO)     26 June 2010

Disconnection of mobile service

Name: Karan Kulkarni

Address: Ulsoor. Bangalore 560042

I am a vodafone / hutch customer since 2003. 

I had shifted to postpaid connection, a couple of weeks ago. Due to a family emergency I had to travel to Pune, during this time persons from vodafone had come to verify my address. As I was not in town, I had asked the person to go ahead and verify me, since the landlord was there. I am staying at this location for the last 20years. It was clarified that I stay at this address to the person who had come to verify. Inspite of this my verification was marked negative. A second person had gone to verify my office address. I am a director at the office and had once again asked them to verify me, since i was still at pune.
After that my phone had been de-activated and I have been harassed by vodafone executives at the customer store as well as the call center. They seem to be helpless and hopeless and unable to help, forget "happy to help"; all i get to hear is "i understand... i understand".

I use this line for business as well as personal calls. And i have given this number to over 2000 contacts.

My connection has been disabled for a week now. This is torture and complete waste of my time and energy. Is there any way to get a compensation or sue vodafone?


 5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 June 2010

Issue legal notice to the co., claiming the compensation for not providing the better service and file a consumer complaint producing all the relevant documents to show your resident and office address.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     26 June 2010

this is surely deficiency in Service. Issue a notice and file complaint before Consumer Forum

Kuljit Pal Singh (Legal Professional)     26 June 2010

Dear Friend,

What i suggest is to write the same e-mail to Nodal Officer of Vodafone at your Region, and in case ur problem not get addressed there then write the same to the person above nodal officer to create document for your consumer case, hope fully ur problem got addressed at Nodal officer level only.


Pankaj Rai (Lawyer)     03 July 2010

It is a clear case for deficiency of service and negligency. you must sent a notice to that company and file a consumer complaint before Distt. Forum.

Devesh A. Bhatia (Advocate)     04 July 2010

Send company a notice to intent to file a consumer complaint giving them 15 days to rectify the deficiency in service. If issue is not resolved file a consumer complaint

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query