LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhaskar Ghosh (Library & Information Assistant)     11 June 2020

Difference

What is the difference between municipal tax and khajna?

Learning

4 Replies

Manogya Chava   11 June 2020

Municipal taxes are taxes paid to the local municipality on properties owned by you. There is no uniform rate for municipal taxes, as different municipalities have different rates. Municipal taxes are also known as property taxes, house taxes, and municipality taxes.

Khajna means land in Bengali, therfore Khajna tax is the tax payable on the property that one owns. Therfore, to my understanding - 

Khajna tax means Property Tax in Bengali and Property Tax and Municipal Tax are words usually used interchangably. 

Hope this helps. 

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     11 June 2020

Originally posted by : Bhaskar Ghosh

What is the difference between municipal tax and khajna?...

Municipal Tax is the tax levied by the Municipal Authority in respect of  land and all residential and commercial units and to be payable at the local Municipality. 

Khajna is levied by the Block Land and Land Reforms Office of the West Bengal Government of different Blocks in respect of LR Dag Nos.of Land properties,house,Ground Floor Flat,Ground Floor Shop/office,Ground Floor Garage etc but not in respect of the units above the Ground Floor in the multistoried buildings.

Davis William   14 July 2020

House assessment and house property charge demonstrates to a similar tax collection framework, where a landowner pays a specific add up to their district or other neighborhood body for support of the essential foundation. I read the all assignment help review and got this information. This information very helpful to me. 

stefan salvatore   17 March 2021

I have read the blog and saw all the things on the blog. I think your website is all about the news but, I am happy to see your website. Below I mentioned some information regarding best software to cleanup your PC software that would help to solve the issues that are running on your PC. In another word, I want to say they would finish the malware and viruses only for PC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register