Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Engagement breakup

Dear Sir/Madam,

I got engaged on 31st Dec 2013. I have spoken with fiance many times but she was not speaking properly, some times she spoke very closely but always she was showing not interested like that. Some time she told to cancel the marriage also. They have made our engagement very grand and they have the photos also. Some how she is Psycho like that. We got fixed marriage 15 nov 2013 and before 15 days she seriously told to cancel the marriage by messaging and scolded our family also. Thats the reason we got cancelled the marriage. After this their parents scolded her and convinced her to get marry with me, then she aggreed to marry, but we already cancelled the marriage. Their parents approached many ways to get marry, but we did't aggreed. Now she is telling I will marry only with him only. Is there any chances to file a case against us. Kindly suggets me please.

Thank You.

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     04 December 2013

1. Settle The matter amicabily by taking help of your near and dear ones , and if they claim about their expences in ring ceremony , negotiate the expences and then and issue the cheque and paid to them in front of your relatives which were with you . 2. if the matter not settle amicabily then they can file a case u/s 4 of DPAct .
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2013

As advised by my friend Mr. Joshi, an amicable settlement would be a better solution to avoid problems in the future.  Please make sure you return the money received from them towards dowry or the expenses, the engagement expenses can be shared by both sides, however a piece of suggestion, why dont you condone her immature acts and take her as your wife, any possibility? because she will be the worst hit over the cancelled marriage.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Sir's,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion. From an year we were talking over the phone, always me only need to cal her and everything me only spoken she never responded correctly. I have given her many gifts and all. Many times she asked If our marriage got cancelled what will you do like that. She never felt my feelings only she did whatever her thoughts. She messaged me to marry some other girl, if marriage not cancelled I will run from home like that messages sent. 2 days I kept quite and convinced her and not told to anybody. But 3rd day she called in the early morning but my parents recieved the cal and she told that cancell the marriage. Thats y we got cancelled and all her messages are there with me.  We also spent lakhs of rupees for marriage preperations but got loss. I am really frustrated about her. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register