Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Can i make a compliant against CITI BANK?

Page no : 2

V.T.Venkataram (Advocate and Consumer Activist)     06 October 2009

"I found city bank issued a letter stating that whenever they get the credit, they will revert", means that there is a continuous cause of action and if you file a complaint before a Consumer Forum , the complaint is not time barred. Please write a letter to the bank and demand a reply within 15 days.Only after this you can file a consumer complaint.

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     06 October 2009

Well.Your case can be placed before the banking ombudsman for adjudication,when only the crux of the problem would be looked into.As you are having the reply of the city union bank to credit your account whnever the funds flow back, you can straight away make  complaint to the Ombudsman and seek compensation for the interest you have paid all along.

yogesh (will tell you later)     06 October 2009

Withou clean hands its not possible to approach the court except in ceratin situations

Bhushan V. Kale (Lawyer)     06 October 2009

I think your complaint will be hit by limitation and notice will enhance the limitation period. However, I would like to appriciate the approach of Mr. Adinath Patil Sir. You have to issue notice to Citi bank and hopes for the best.

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     09 November 2009

SANKARAN HAVE YOU ISSUED NOTICE?

V.T.Venkataram (Advocate and Consumer Activist)     10 November 2009

I disagree with the view that the complaint is timebarred.There is a continious cause of action. Please issus a notice to the bank, after which yoy can file a complaint under section12 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, before the appropriate consumer fora

Bhushan V. Kale (Lawyer)     10 November 2009

little modification in my previous reply. The notice will not enhance the limitation period.

Bhushan V. Kale (Lawyer)     10 November 2009

notice is only create cause of action.

Pramod Harkisondas Divecha (private)     13 November 2009

I think Shri Adinath Avinash Patil is absolutely right.   A notice must be issued before anything else.  suitable decision can be taken based on the reply received.  I also feel that it is bit premature to floor the matter on the issue of limitation without considering all aspects and without studying the case in detail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register