Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay Kumar Singh (Advocate / Legal Professional )     17 September 2009

Decision of Central Information Commission

Dear Friends,

I have won the case before the Central Information Commission.

The Case is Shri Atul Kumar Sagar Vs Income Tax Depatmet (Through Shri Sunil Vajpayee, Addl.CIT, Meerut & Shri N. Prasad, ITO, Ward 2(2), Meerut.  

File No. CIC/LS/A/2009/000457

Date of Hearing -22/07/2009

Date of Decision - 22/07/2009

Learning

14 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     18 September 2009

Hearty Congratulations sir,

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     18 September 2009

I received the following decision on my appeal:

The Commission directs the CPIO to show cause as to why a maximum penalty of Rs.25000 should not be levied on him for not replying to the Appellant’s RTI application. The response to reach the Commission within 15 days of receipt of this Order. 

Hold your breadth. The above paragraph has been deliberately left out in the decision uploaded in CIC's public domain.

The above notice was never served on the guilty CPIO. CIC has confirmed to me in writing that his reply is not in the file. Remember that this decision is dated 28/11/2008 and till date everybody is hibernating. As a matter of fact, there appears to be a well planned conspiracy in protecting the CPIO by not sending the order of the CIC and not following it up. There is no way that the entire paragraph was left out in uploading.

Isn't it great?

Sanjay Kumar Singh (Advocate / Legal Professional )     18 September 2009

Thank You

Still having faith in the CIC?

To save RTI Act, only a retired High Court Judge should head it and retired district judges should be appointed information commissioners. As long as retired bureaucrats are appointed, we shall continue to lose faith in the efficacy of the implementation of the Act both at the Centre and in the States. 

It is the duty of the PIO to inform the applicant who the appellate authority is.  When I complained to the Maharashtra State Information Commission that PIO has not furnished me information and not replied to my application, my application was returned and I twas asked to supply him copies of replies received both from the PIO and Appellate Authority. 

Obviously, nobody reads it. Why do we have faith in such institutions?

Sir, 

I agreed with you,  but we have to fight aganest the system, to be a part of the system. 

Yes,

As an Advocate, I have faith on our legal system.  Because only we can improve the our legal system. 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 September 2009

Congrats. Sixty years down the line, 109 amendments to the Constitution and still continuing and unwavering faith and loyalty. Yes, we shall change the system. I marvel at enormous patience.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 September 2009

Recently, the State Information Commission, Maharashtra, complained to the Maharashtra Government that PIOs and Appellate Authorities do not care for RTI Act. Dutifully, the Maharashtra Government sent a circular to all the officers to follow the law. They never followed the law then and they donot follow it now.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 November 2009

My faculties don't allow me to comprehend what Mr. Shrigopal Soni has written. Request please write the sequence.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     21 November 2009

There are so many good provisions. Who implements them?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     21 November 2009

I just don't understand why declaration of assets by judges has become a matter of life and death for us. How has it changed our perception of law and justice and how heavens have fallen on earth. What is our perception? That judges are corrupt or politicians are more corrupt. We went hammer and tongs after judges. No body asked the Netas and Babus to declare their assets and how they acquired them in a short span a few years. Netas who were roaming the street not long ago are not millionaires but billionaires with Swiss Accounts and we can't do a thing. 

Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery in USA in 1864. But, it continues in one form or the other. Immediately after Obama was elected, threats were held out to kill him because he was a black. We are seeing  mirage that we will succeed, that we will change that we shall abolish poverty and remove corruption. Indira Gandhi rode the wave of popularity by giving the slogan "garibi hatao". All that she succeeded was in "garib hato". 

Some people talk of progress and inflation. Yes, the progress is that rich has become richer and the poor, poorer. Two percent of the rich Indians have subjugated the rest of 98% and we are clapping. It is sickening when the road is blocked because some VIP is passing. The whole security apparatus crawls before such Netas.

sambasivakamasani (Sr Pur and Stores Officer (Rtd) ISRO)     01 September 2011

ISRO was avoiding the details of Sub Contractors they are not concerned with labour under Sub Contracator and Sub Sub Contractor. CIC directed that the said sub contractors are within the provision of 2(f) and hence directed to dessiminate the information. By Mr N Mohan

Attached File : 85389 206428 51 rti achievements 1.doc downloaded: 90 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register