Caught drinking alcohol in public area

1 .Do Police have right to arrest who caught consumtion of liquor in pulic place?

2. In what time he has to produce guilty in front of court ?

3. What is complete procedure that IO have to follow ? Do the guilty will get summon or letter from court for paying fine ?

please guide

What when somebody drinked from home and standing by chance with some body drinking in road and police courts him.

Hi Mohit, same is the case with me, can you please guide me what happened in court, did you face any future problem

Scientist/Engineer

Section 40 says 'in contravention of this Act or Rules, notification or order made therunder". Which Section of the Act will be contravened other than Section 40 itself. Are there any rules or notification or order made under the Act specific to drinking in public place. What is the definition of a public place? Under Government servants conduct rules even a restaurant is a public place. I suspect that police are misusing their authority and provisions under the Act. Anyway misuse or otherwise police or lower court judges even contesting will be considered as impolite and impudence. They will convict and the only recourse would be to go on appeal to a higher court. Hence it would be wise to plead guilty and pay Rs.5000/- 

If the person pleads guilty in front of the judge and is fined....does he/she become ineligible for applying in any type of govt. Job??? Is this a criminal offence??? Thanks

Scientist/Engineer

An offence, for which a fine of Rs.5000/- is the only punishment, will not disqualify him from Government job.

Can anybody please tell me that how much time it takes to get call from court or police station in drink in public place case.

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whther i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debare me from services if in case i clear the examination because of  a civil case??Kindly show some light sir .

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared a couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whether i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debar me from services if in case i clear the examination because of a civil case??Kindly show some light, sir.

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared a couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whether i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debar me from services if in case i clear the examination because of a civil case??Kindly show some light, sir.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

Menu

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x