Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Caught drinking alcohol in public area

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 June 2013

poloiceman is telling you to bring five thousand so that you admit fault and pay fine and he has a successful conviction.

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     28 June 2013

Mr. so called NEWS-KNOw

Do you know what is plea bargaining under criminal law? First study section 265B of Cr.P.C.,then comment. 

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     28 June 2013

Mr. so called NEWS-KNOw

Just think how many person in Delhi(Since your profile exhibit place of practice New Delhi) are filed for offending traffic rules daily.They are fined too.But didn't they get their passport or aren't they able to plea. There are so many person who travel without ticket in train and they are jailed too but don't they get their passport or does this act snatch away their right to plea bargaining!!

As per law all these persond are convicted and therefore can not enterinto plea bargaining. 

every body knows how much police charge, harass to file verifaction report of such persons in their favour.

therefore we must confess the fact that the thing which seems to be cheap and easy today is going to do life miserable in future.

(Guest)

@Mr. so called Ansari,

You make me laugh now by your comments.What an understanding of sections specified under the act(you mentioned)!!! Your previous comments shows your lack of experience and lack of Interpretational power of law.

Anyway,it's worthless to even argue with you.Leaving this thread

@Sudhir kumar,

I could never understand in the first place what you always want to suggest!!!

Anyway,I am no one to prevent your free speech.

[Last reply to this thread]

Thanks,

Regards,

pranit (employee)     27 January 2015

1 .Do Police have right to arrest who caught consumtion of liquor in pulic place?

2. In what time he has to produce guilty in front of court ?

3. What is complete procedure that IO have to follow ? Do the guilty will get summon or letter from court for paying fine ?

please guide

Rashmi Sharma   20 August 2015

What when somebody drinked from home and standing by chance with some body drinking in road and police courts him.

Rahul   16 September 2016

Hi Mohit, same is the case with me, can you please guide me what happened in court, did you face any future problem

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 September 2016

Section 40 says 'in contravention of this Act or Rules, notification or order made therunder". Which Section of the Act will be contravened other than Section 40 itself. Are there any rules or notification or order made under the Act specific to drinking in public place. What is the definition of a public place? Under Government servants conduct rules even a restaurant is a public place. I suspect that police are misusing their authority and provisions under the Act. Anyway misuse or otherwise police or lower court judges even contesting will be considered as impolite and impudence. They will convict and the only recourse would be to go on appeal to a higher court. Hence it would be wise to plead guilty and pay Rs.5000/- 

Anky   06 May 2017

If the person pleads guilty in front of the judge and is fined....does he/she become ineligible for applying in any type of govt. Job??? Is this a criminal offence??? Thanks

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     07 May 2017

An offence, for which a fine of Rs.5000/- is the only punishment, will not disqualify him from Government job.

ABHISHEK   26 May 2017

Can anybody please tell me that how much time it takes to get call from court or police station in drink in public place case.

ANANT 1234   27 June 2017

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whther i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debare me from services if in case i clear the examination because of  a civil case??Kindly show some light sir .

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared a couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whether i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debar me from services if in case i clear the examination because of a civil case??Kindly show some light, sir.

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared a couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whether i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debar me from services if in case i clear the examination because of a civil case??Kindly show some light, sir.

Morning sir 

The same incident has happened with me and i am a serious civil services aspirant (have cleared a couple of rounds).Now i am scared that whether i am eligible for examination or not??Will they debar me from services if in case i clear the examination because of a civil case??Kindly show some light, sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register