LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amal Jajodia (Steering Committee Member)     09 February 2013

Pf accumulation

I worked for an MNC from 1982 to 1994 (12 years). After that I worked for 3 other companies and spent a substantial portion of my time based in UK. Once I returned to India, I started following up for my PF dues. I found that this MNC had failed to transfer my PF accumulations to the next company. Further, they had merged with another MNC to form a new company.

Given the long passage of time I don't have any records which give my PF number. I asked the company but they say they don't have such old records. I filed an RTI with the PF department to find out my PF number but they asked me to contact the company only.

What should I do now? The company has raised its hands and the amount is too large for me to ignore.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2013

Look into your salary slip and PF transfer form submitted by you. Both must be having PF number.

Employer should have submitted PF forms to EPFO within 5 days and should have supplied the acknowledgment issued by EPFO for you.

You may go thru a very informative article at:

https://www.onemint.com/2012/10/15/epf-e-passbook-check-your-employees-provident-fund-balance-online/

In case you do not know the EPFO office under which your company is complying or which is applicable to your account, then you can use either of these establishment search facilities to get the details of the office and also the code number of the company – Search Establishment Code – 1 or Search Establishment Code – 2

Establishments under old Office Code – It is EPFO office code and works state-wise
Establishments under Office – It is EPFO office code and works EPFO office-wise
Show all estt. under this PIN Code – It will show all the companies under the entered Pin Code
Old Office Code – It is EPFO office code and works state-wise
Establishment Code – It is your company’s code

Step # 6 – Once the state EPFO office is selected, you need to enter your EPF Account Number which would look something like this one – GN/GGN/28544/999 or GN/GGN/0028544/000/0000999.

Understand your EPF Account Number

GN is the Region Code.
GGN is the Office Code.
0028544 is the Establishment/Company Code and cannot be greater than 7 digits.
000 is the Extension Code and in most cases it is 000.
0000999 is the Account Number.

Now enter your name exactly as per EPF records, a six-alphabet unique text character and click on the “Get PIN” button to again get the four-digit Authorization PIN on your mobile. You would again receive a PIN on your mobile. The message would read like this “To download Member Passbook from Member Portal please enter PIN XXXX”

https://www.epfindia.com/sites/pdf/CitizenCharter.pdf

RIGHTS OF EMPLOYEES /MEMBERS:

TO RECEIVE ANNUAL STATEMENT OF PROVIDENT FUND

REGULARLY

TO OBTAIN ASSISTANCE/GUIDANCE IN FILLING UP FORMS

TO GET PROVIDENT FUND ACCUMULATIONS TRANSFERRED TO

YOUR NEW ACCOUNT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF APPLICATION ON

CHANGE OF EMPLOYER

GRIEVANCE REDRESS MECHANISM

Name and contact details of Public Grievance Officer:

ADDITIONAL CENTRAL COMMISSIONER, CSD

EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION

BHAVISHYA NIDHI BHAWAN, 14, BHIKAIJ

I CAMA PLACE

NEW DELHI 110066.

(Phone number available on www.epfindia.gov.in)

https://members.epfoservices.in/faq.php

14. PB 03: A MEMBER HAS LEFT SERVICE BUT NOT APPLIED FOR SETTLEMENT OF HIS ACCOUNT. CAN HE/SHE DOWNLOAD HIS/HER PASS BOOK?

MEMBERS WHO HAS LEFT SERVICE CAN MAKE A REQUEST FOR THEIR PASS BOOK THROUGH THE MEMBER PORTAL. ONCE HIS/HER REQUEST IS ACCEPTED ON THE PORTAL, HE/SHE WILL RECEIVE AN SMS WHEN THE PASSBOOK IS MADE AVAILABLE ON THE PORTAL. HE/SHE CAN THEN LOGIN AND DOWNLOAD THE PASS BOOK. PASSBOOK WILL HOWEVER NOT BE MADE AVAILABLE IF THE MEMBER’S ACCOUNT HAS BECOME INOPERATIVE (NO CONTRIBUTION RECEIVED FOR 36 MONTHS OR MORE) OR IF IT IS SETTLED. PASS BOOK WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD FOR ACTIVE MEMBERS ONLY FOR WHOM THE EMPLOYER HAS UPLOADED THE ELECTRONIC CHALLAN CUM RETURN (ECR) AND HAS MADE THE PAYMENT.

24. PB 13: A MEMBER HAS AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT BUT SOME OF THE EARLIER ACCOUNTS HAVE BECOME INOPERATIVE. HOW CAN HE/SHE GET THE DETAILS OF SUCH ACCOUNTS THROUGH THE PORTAL?

E PASS BOOK OF INOPERATIVE ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED. HOWEVER THE MEMBER SHOULD APPLY IN FORM 13 TO GET THE EARLIER ACCOUNT TRANSFERRED TO THE ACTIVE ACCOUNT. IN SUCH CASE THE DETAILS OF THE AMOUNT WILL APPEAR IN THE PASS BOOK OF THE ACTIVE ACCOUNT.

25. PB 14: A MEMBER DOES NOT KNOW THE EPFO OFFICE UNDER WHICH HIS/HER ESTABLISHMENT IS COMPLYING. HOW CAN HE/SHE DOWNLOAD HIS/HER PASSBOOK?

THE MEMBER CAN USE THE ESTABLSIHMENT SEARCH FACILITY ON THE EPFO WEBSITE TO GET THE DETAILS OF THE OFFICE AND ALSO THE CODE NUMBER OF THE ESTABLISHMENT.

You may peruse RTI route to obtain:

Form 3A

6A : https://www.epfindia.com/forms/6a.pdf

Form 23: PF slip, which is issued in Sept and it is mandatory for the employer to supply it to employee.

Form 24.

You may visit PRO/RPFC at the nearest PF office and seek their help to know your PF number. Usually they

Attached File : 1035383561 faq-employee provident fund.311162455.pdf, 1035383561 rti informationhandbook.pdf downloaded: 140 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register