LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajanIndian (organiser)     10 January 2013

Validity of bounced cheque

i got receivd cheq from third party on novemver 2012 .

In that cheq the date mentioned 4,th dec after 20 days i deposit the money with that cheq but it bounced on 28th dec... legally wat can i do for my money back ... because that third party now under the police custody for some criminal case... i need somesuggestion gor this doubt....waiting for ur response 

Learning

5 Replies

A.K.PRASAD (Legal Advisor)     10 January 2013

Dear Client,

Please do the following:

1) Write a letter to the concerned person about status of cheque bouncing within 15 days of the information got from bank, asking from him to return your money.

2) within 15 days of your letter , if you did not get any reply, file a recovery suit against that person in court.

FOR JURISMAN (ADVOCATES & SOLICITORS)

ADV. A.K.PRASAD

WWW.JURISMAN.COM

M.N. 09953059793 

rajanIndian (organiser)     14 February 2013

Thanks for ur kind response sir.. I filed the case against that person on Feb 14.They told u may arrive at court on coming 21st Feb via my local lawyer.Similarly how many times they will postponed tat dates .Approximately howlong it willtakecome to the end sir. Howmany times I must appear on the court...also complaintant(tn) nd accused(andra)are in other states . In these any other drawbacks for me.. Because, currently I m working in private company at Chennai , case filed in my native Salem so if I Will take two days leave for this case means my Job in safe position else morethan two days per month means I will lose my job as soon as. Waiting for urs valuable response..

Thanks for ur kind response sir.. I filed the case against that person on Feb 14.They told u may arrive at court on coming 21st Feb via my local lawyer.Similarly how many times they will postponed tat dates .Approximately howlong it willtakecome to the end sir. Howmany times I must appear on the court...also complaintant(tn) nd accused(andra)are in other states . In these any other drawbacks for me.. Because, currently I m working in private company at Chennai , case filed in my native Salem so if I Will take two days leave for this case means my Job in safe position else morethan two days per month means I will lose my job as soon as. Waiting for urs valuable response..

RAJU O.F., (Advocate)     14 February 2013

You did not mention the amount of the cheque. If the amount is not substantial, it will not worth your absenting from job frequently. Consult your advocate who is handling the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register