Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need expert advice on unregistered lease

Page no : 2

Jagadesh N (Software Engineer)     25 November 2011

Hi ,

As it is mentioned if lease period is more than 1 year it should be compulsary to be registered.

Though if agreement is registered having exit clause clearly mentioned will it favour owner in case any despute happen with tanent ?

Can you please clarify ?

where is justice (partner)     26 November 2011

mani sir thanks for showing your interest, I have already mentioned above that the company is paying rent by cheques and receipt enclosed mention payment details clearly the month, monthly rent and arrears etc.. Having payment record of 3 years rent paid by cheques , the company can deny the quantum of rent ??kindly clearify.

If the tenant can deny the quantum of rent on the basis of unregistered lease ,then lessor also can deny the actual rent and ask for increased rent ?is it possible  ?

Jagadesh N (Software Engineer)     26 November 2011

Hi ,

As you have evidance of cheques. So don't worry.

If you file eviction suit against tanent at any cost they ahve to pay same rent in court. So through court you will get that rent whatever they paid by cheques earlier. So there will not be much financial loss for you.

Once you file eviction suit against tanent, they will definitely come negotiations.

I am telling you don't bend your head. As a owner protect your right. But is proper manner you have to proceed.

Don't demand for high rent through court. That will give a chance to tanent to drag the unnecessary arguments.

Under T.P Act you ahve special rights. U can give 30 days time and ask to vacate as premises is required for your own perpose.

As the agreement is unregistered that is advantage for you not for tanent.

Don't afraid. May be case will run 1 or  years in court. Let it be.

Once your tanent vacate the property , can get more rent what you are getting now.

In my openion only one choice u have is to file eviction suit against Tanent. Otherwise you have to loose your respect and money. Don't thing too much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register