Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun (Student)     13 February 2011

regarding bank officer class/grade

Hello sir,

My father is a an officer in SBI. I want to know whether the clerk in the bank comes in group c/class III. I wish to know the bank staff's grade,for my non creamy layer application. If anyone knew that kindly inform me with details,if any link to the respective website please post it also.

Thanking you

Arun.A.B

Learning

3 Replies

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     14 February 2011

If your father is an Officer of SBI, you will not cover under non-creamy layer of Backward Classes Reservation.  Officers are categorized as Junior Management (Scale I) Middle Management (Scale II to III) and Senior Management (Scaie IV to VII).  None of the children of any of these categorized are eligible to claim reservations under non-creamy layer provisions.

GOVERDHAN RAO (MANAGER)     25 February 2011

I do not agree with Mr.Jagga Rao.  The Bank Officers are not classified ad Class-I or II or III which is prevelant in Central Govt.  The categorisation or equating the bank officers to those of Central Govt. is pending since long. 

Hence, you do come under non-creamy layer provided the income of your father does not exceed Rs.4.50 lacs per annum.  Please carefully go through the OM No.36033/5/2004-Estt.(Res.) dtc. 14/10/2004, OM No.36033/3/2004-Estt(Res) dtd. 14/10/2008 of Department of Personnel & Training for determining the creamy layer.  Your careful study and analysis of the contents of the above OMs will be sufficient for you to come to conslusion.

With Regards.

malipeddi jaggarao (retired banker)     26 February 2011

Mr.Goverdhan, what I clarified above is there is no category of clerks in Bank as Class III.  I am hundred per cent sure whatever categorization is referred by me for Officers in a Public Sector Bank is correct. There is no debate on this issue. The next one whether is son of an SBI Officer can be covered under non-creamy layer reservation.  My reply is on the presumption that the question of reservation comes at the age of above 15 even for the purpose of education.   SBI Officer either direct or a recent promotee from clerical cadre with10 years of total service will have income more than stipulated for creamy layer/non-creamy layer bifurcation.  This point also cent per cent sure.  The question is not whether the categornisation of Offfiers equating them with Central Government is pending or not.  It is the question of income creteria.  I hope Mr.Arun who is a student can discuss these matters with his father and find out whatever I say is correct or not.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register