Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

word keep appropriate here

Page no : 2

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 October 2010

In my view woman must be respected irrespective of her profession (which may be due to some compulsion),

- I SUPPORT

2 Like

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 October 2010

Whatever it may be we must respect the woman and her feelings.  She is also human being.We should not insult her.

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 October 2010

yes you are right adv rajoo.

here in such cases we do not show or pay respect to the profession or gender but we pay respect to the human being only.

A PERSON IS ALWAYAS RESPECTABLE, UNTILL HE / SHE VIOLETS THE LAW.

1 Like

Jamai Of Law (propra)     24 October 2010

I feel that Indira Jaisingh is not fighting for the rights of the 'keep' but fighting against the wrongs of that chap who had maintained that woman like a 'keep'

1 Like

(Guest)

what is wrong in having a keep( livin relationship) , does it violate any law?

indian divorce laws coupled with red tape in courts functioning  restrain personal liberty so badly that there is no other alternative.

either liberalise divorce laws and decide matri cases within a time frame of 6 months or face this situation.

2 Like

(Guest)

why citizens' personal liberty and right to life  shud suffer for the inefficiency of courts and fault based divorce laws.

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     24 October 2010

i'm not referring to any prostitutes here,which many are assuming.

i'm referring to women who are living with a married man even after knowing that he's married and claiming all rights like a wife.

all are saying that she shud be treated with "respect" because she's a woman.even i'm a woman.but it doesnt mean that i being a woman will get special favours.

nowadays if a live in female partner lives with a married man despite knowing his marital status,she'll obviously not be a dumb girl who dependent on him.mostly she'll be a career woman who developed a relationship with him and now lives with him to avoid hassles of inlaws,children.dowry etc which come with marriage

if a woman was fooled by a man that he's unmarried and so lives with him,,dats another story and that she shud be compensated and also get the man punished.

in 1 episode of aap ki kacheri i remember a case where a woman walked into a married man's life and started living with him and even had kids with him.his wife was also present in court.u shud have seen her stress levels and how she was bringing up her kids.and this is the story of many indian wives.

the man shud definately be punished,no doubt.but i dont understand the logic of giving "rights" to a live in partner who walked into a married man's family.

yes it's true that the live in partner is not a kid that she got trapped....she v.well knew that the man was married...then y she got involved?was there any dearth of unmarried men that she chose to live only with a married person...r we saying that women are fools?shud they not act respoinsibly?

if the man was a sinner and adulterous,she was also an equal party to this sin....a person siding with a sinner is also a sinner himself..

in the whole family forum, hardly there's a thread that talks of respecting wives....but a lot of talk is going on respecting live in partners who live with a married man...wots the logic?

go and talk to wives who have been deserted by their hubbies becoz of another woman and shower her with all the "rights of a wife" while she's struggling in life,besides being depressed with no support from her family and society...and then talk to her about "respecting" the other woman...u will see how she reacts.

if we cant respect marriage institution,lets ban it altogether and just promote promiscuity in the name of liberties...lets just legalise only live in relations...after all we have to beat the west one day..

1 Like

(Guest)

Ok, lots of discussion here now some cool things:

Consequences of a live-in relationship: 
The gal rushed in2 d house screaming to her guy, 
"Darling,Come quick!
Ur kids n my kids r beating our kids."

(1) In a recent poll held in the USA, American men and women were asked if they would marry the same person if they had it to do all over again.

80% of the men responded that they would marry the same woman.

Interestingly, only 50% of the women responded that they would marry the same man. Oh dear!

Benefits of a Long Marriage

On their 50th wedding anniversary and during the dinner celebrating it, Byron was asked to give his friends a brief account of the benefits of a marriage of such long duration.

'Tell us Byron, just what is it you have learned from all those wonderful years with your wife?'

Byron responds, 'Well, I've learned that marriage is the best teacher of all.  It teaches you loyalty, forbearance, meekness, self-restraint, forgiveness and a great many other qualities you wouldn't have needed if you'd stayed single.'

·  Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They’re trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. ~ Anthony Robbins

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     24 October 2010

Saat Phere is Saat janam Ka Rista hai kushanji. In India also next time/birth also they wish to meet again.

Forget about these things, Just see the "AVATAR of SONY madam" it is again great/nice one, Lord Ganesha made of "PEEPAL" Leaves. Nice Keep it up.

1 Like

(Guest)

many say those words are expunged,

I agree but how ? as the judgment is declared and found on net.many of us saved it in our desktop.

I think next time they(judge)  remember it until then leave as it is.

ANd I dont think they make a mistake.Interpretation  is this;

Definitions of 'keep' (https://www.definitions.net/definition/keep)

1(noun) support, keep, livelihood, living, bread and butter, sustenance 
the financial means whereby one lives
"each child was expected to pay for their keep"; "he applied to the state for support"; "he could no longer earn his own livelihood"

"If a man has a 'keep' whom he maintains financially and uses mainly for s*xual purpose and or as a servant, it would not in our opinion be a relationship in the nature of marriage," the court said. 

Now,see the positive side ;

A bench comprising Justices Markandey Katju and T S Thakur said that in order to get maintenance, a woman, even if not married, has to fulfil the following four requirements:

(1) The couple must hold themselves out to society as being akin to spouses
(2) They must be of legal age to marry
(3) They must be otherwise qualified to enter into a legal marriage including being unmarried
(4) They must have voluntarily cohabited and held themselves out to the world as being akin to spouses for a significant period of time. 

(Guest)

SC judges  are very right in their approach. if they allowed maintenance to such a lady

1. they will overstep their authority to only interpret and not enact law as parliament while enacting law crpc125 restricted it to wife only.

2. it will promote adultery and immoralty in society.

3. if a couple goes for livin both kno wat consequences it may have.

4. giving much broader definition after a few years s*x workers will also demand maintenance .

2 Like

(Guest)

reversing the situation how much respect a man commands who practices polygamy?

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     25 October 2010

@ sony

who says that an adulterous man is to be respected?plz read my posts and tell me wherever i said so..

@ arup jee

i want to ask u something and want an honest reply..

if u were a judge and ur own dear sister's hubby had started living with another woman named ABC.one day he realises his fault and returns to your sister.and ur sister and brother inlaw are now living happily with each other.

one day ABC files DV case against him and demands maintenance & the right to live in your brother inlaw's house(which is in another city and is lying vacant)...if one day if ur brother inlaw dies,he'll transfer this house in ur sister's name.so,on this house only ur brother inlaw and ur sister have a right...

but now a home breaker is demanding to live here.

becoz ABC interfered again,there are fights happening b/w ur brother inlaw and sister once again.

now as a judge will u be happy that as soon as the couple reunited the other woman has created a problem?

wud u like this woman to be given these "rights" although she has no business in ur sister's family?

even when she knew that ur brother inlaw is a married man,she chose to live with him,and has acted revengefully since ur brother inlaw returned to his wife

so wud u help this woman from the bottom of ur heart who's repeatedly creating problems?

arup jee,u feel v.bad that i'm attacking "cocubines".can u explain why u have a soft corner for home breakers?

u say all humans have the right to get respected....so in that case corrupt politicians,police officers,murderers,etc shud also be respected highly because they are humans after all....and no cases shud be filed against them.if they happen to be women,then forget it!

rather the govt. shud give them incentives,rewards etc just like it wants to give maintenance rights to cocubines for being equal sinners alongwith the adulterous man for breaking sum1's home.

(Guest)

roshni ji

i nowhere mentioned this was reply to ur post. this was reply to some other members who have great respect for keeps.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     25 October 2010

@ sony

ok thanks..

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register