Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak (Sr. Software Engg.)     28 June 2022

Society not maintaining amenities

Hello Respected members,

I have bought resale flat one and half year back. I have found that the society (Apartment) committee members are not maintaining the equipments of kids play area, instruments in the gym. Those were never serviced or repaired. Street lights, decorative lights are damaged. Benches in the garden are rusted and harmful to use. The big nuisance of kids playing full pitch cricket in front of our building and they plays cricket very harshly and aggressively. They are not allowing other kids, people to walk, do cycling in the area where they plays cricket. Even committee members are supporting this cricket activity. Can you please provide me the legal advice?

Regards.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2022

you can give complaints to the registrar of societies of your state

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 June 2022

First issue a registered notice bringing all the issues to the Committee, insist on a general body meeting, and make a collective effort as a group to get a majority opinion for proper maintenance.  Only if all the efforts fail refer the issue to the Registrar of Societies as advised by Sri RCR and enclose the efforts made by you with photographs.

Deepak (Sr. Software Engg.)     29 June 2022

Thank you so much!

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 June 2022

You have still remedies under CP Act as you have been paying consideration as maintenance.   If the society is having corpus, they can spend that amount, and recover regularly such charges for maintenance of the playground.   Further, if in the master plan, Brochure, if the ground is shown as a playfield for children, playing cricket amounts to a deficiency of service.  As the owner has to live in an apartment during his lifetime with other committee members every day, the advice is to soft-pedal the issues and nip the same in the bud.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register