LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pundalika Achyutha Bhat   14 February 2022

Inordinate delay by co-operative organization to provide requested documents to its members

I had requested my co-operative housing society to submit some documents related to the last AGM for my perusal on some resolution related issues. Four and half months have passed since my request but housing society is adamant in providing with the requested documents. I have paid incidental charges towards xerox copies, registered post expenses also. Which one from among the following is a right option ? :

(1) Complaining to the District Deputy Registrar under which the housing society is functioning.

(2) Complaining to the local police station under the jurisdiction under which the housing society is functioning.

(3) Any one option as mentioned at Sr. No. (1) and (2) or both.


 2 Replies

Palak batra   17 February 2022

Dear Querist,


In the case provided above, one can approach the registrar under CHS. It is also given under the bye-laws that Non supply of the copies of record and documents is to be dealt by the registrar office. 


This matter doesn’t fall under the jurisdiction of police.




Pundalika Achyutha Bhat   18 February 2022

Thanks for the advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query