Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr Kumar (partner)     13 December 2021

Legal heir certificate

Dear sirs 

We are two brothers ,. My younger brother died 8 yrs back he was un - married

Iam married mother is alive with me 

I want to suit for legal heir certificate for him1. Will it be given in our both names ,.  Or only on my mother's name 

Please clarify 

Regards 

Kumar NK

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 December 2021

A legal heir certificate identifies the rightful successor who then can claim the assets/properties of the deceased person. All eligible successors must possess this certificate to lay a claim over the deceased person's property

Anaita Vas   13 December 2021

Legal Heir certificate can be obtained by approaching the area/taluk Thasildhar, or from the corporation/municipality office of the respective area, and from the district civil court. This certificate names all legal heirs of the deceased person and is issued only after a proper enquiry. The process of obtaining a legal heir certificate are stated below:

• The legitimate heir of the deceased person must approach the appropriate authority in the respective area and ask for the legal heir certificate application. The applicant must fill the application and submit the signed application to the concerned authority. This application contains the names of all the legal heirs, their relationship with the deceased and addresses of the family members.

You cannot issue a legal heir certificate in your brother's name due to his sad demise. 

If the property belongs to your mother, you will be named as the legal heir. You can also name your children as the legal heirs.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

M V Gupta (Advocate)     14 December 2021

lEGAL HEIRSHIP CERTIFICATE TO CLAIM PROPERTIES OF THE DECEASED PERSON SHOULD BE OBTAINED FROM THE COURT. TAHSILDAR ISSUES HEIRSHIP CERTIFICATE ONLY TO CLAIM  PENSION AND SALARY ARREARS ETC OF DECEASED GOVT EMPLOYEES. 

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     14 December 2021

I do not agree with Mr..M.V GUPTA.  One can claim properties with lrgal Heir Certificate ofTahsildar. The Certificate issued by Court is SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 December 2021

Your mother is the sole Class I legal heir to your late brother. However, what is the context for this query?

M V Gupta (Advocate)     17 December 2021

Dear Shri Gandhiji. The position stated by me is as in the State of Maharashtra. I do not know the position in other states.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register