Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheti na vikas zone

Recently I am planning to buy a plot (2 ghunta ) in maan village which currently comes under gram panchayat and not in PCMC and the zone passing o4f that plot is sheti va navikas and gram panchayat is giving approval for construction (ground + 1 bungalow construction)
So can I build a bungalow on that plot once I get approval from panchayat or will I face any issues in
future for doing construction

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 June 2021

With Gram Panchayat permit you can construct. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 June 2021

Get the title of the subject property be searched for any encumbrance, acquisition or litigation.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 June 2021

As per my knowledge, if the panchayat is within a development authority's jurisdiction, the permissions given as per such Master plan, usage /zone prevails.  After getting permission from GP, file RTI Application by registered post to  State Public Information Officer, ..........Development authority and seek information in a single sentence:  "Please inform whether the enclosed approved plan is legally proper for continuing the construction:.  Wait for 45 days for a reply and then proceed with construction.   (There are many cases where GP has permitted approvals with a past date before being annexed to development authority, in zones not permitted for residential construction.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2021

If the property falls within the limit of the gram panchayat, and the construction is within the permitted limits of the Gram panchayat powers, then you can very well proceed with the construction ion getting the approval from gram panchayat, however you may obtain a legal opinion from a local lawyer before venturing into the project. 

Tushar Sanjay Gothivrekar   16 June 2021

thankyou sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register