LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreekailas B J   24 February 2021

1 page missing in the original sale deed

I purchased a property recently and the current owner handed over his original sale deed to me. On scrutiny, the owner has handed over the original sale deed and has 9 pages which contains the registration serial numbers from pages 1 till 11 out of total 15 pages. I also got another duplicate sale deed done in 20 rupee stamp paper which is also registered together with the original which has serial numbers from 13 till 15 pages. Strangely the page 12 is missing in the original, this has the ID proof of the owner and his seller. 

I have applied for the certified copy and has the entire set from the certified copy received online. In my registration, there were no issues and got the property registered under me and have received my sale deed in complete. 

My question is whether this missing page in the original sale deed from the earlier owner will poise any challenges in the future. To rectify this issue, what actions can i do now?  I will have to deposit all these documents to the home loan bank shortly. Any quick information will be highly appreciated. 

Learning

5 Replies

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     24 February 2021

Certified copy is equivalent to the origional.You take E.C also for your record.

Sreekailas B J   25 February 2021

Thank you sir, any other process i need to take care off? Earlier on the missing Sale deed it was advised for news paper notification and a FIR. I assume that it is not required in this case and certified copy will suffice. Thanking you for the prompt response

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     29 April 2021

show the certified copy to local lawyer and get clarity on it .

Anirban Chatterjee (Advocate)     12 June 2021

In my opinion missing page in the old sale deed will not be a major problem as the certified copy is having all the pages of the documents. If it would have been the deed vide which you have purchased then certain steps needed to be taken. 

Janorres   28 June 2021

1 page missing in the original sale deed, What you want to say about this page sale? Here I don't think so that you have multiple EssayMama options which you can take to complete this missing thing. Where you also need to make it more original for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register