LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

175B083 Mahesh P S   26 January 2021

Academic query

If an accused was taken to the hospital for a medical examination by the police and was mistreated by the police officer in charge, will he be held liable for unjustified force?

Learning

5 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 January 2021

Kindly prefer to raise this query before your Professor /Teacher. 
However you may put up your actual grievance query for relevant solutions /guidance. 

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Sashwat   04 February 2021

Hi There!

Your query was quite tricky for me as it could include a number of other offences. But being straight to the point, I would say that the medical examination is likely to produce an evidence against the Accused in the case which would be termed as self-incrimination. A citizen is protected against self incrimination under Article 20
 So in the given circumstances, the term 'mistreatment' is assumed to be forcing the accused to co-operate with the medical examination, which would eventually to Self Incrimination and is unlawful.

Raghav Arora   04 February 2021

Hemant Ji, the forum is as much for the academic queries as it is for the practical ones. We have a number of teachers and academicians who can take up the query. Such a reply might discourage the students from raising their doubts and questions in the forums. I would request you to kindly refrain from reverting in case you are of the opinion that the query is not meant for you or a lawyer to answer, but an academician/teacher. 

Thank you

Keep Smiling :)

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     05 February 2021

Originally posted by : Raghav Arora
Hemant Ji, the forum is as much for the academic queries as it is for the practical ones. We have a number of teachers and academicians who can take up the query. Such a reply might discourage the students from raising their doubts and questions in the forums. I would request you to kindly refrain from reverting in case you are of the opinion that the query is not meant for you or a lawyer to answer, but an academician/teacher. 
Thank you
Keep Smiling :)

SHRI RAGHAV ARORA:

YOU mentioned above:  "I would request you to kindly refrain from reverting in case you are of the opinion that the query is not meant for you or a lawyer to answer, but an academician/teacher"

Let me know "IF" you are the "MODERATOR" or "ADMINISTRATOR" of LCI !!!!

LCI has not published you as above

IF you are NOT the "MODERATOR" or "ADMINISTRATOR" of LCI,   THEN why did you not answer the query and encourage the querist.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Raghav Arora   05 February 2021

Hemanth Ji,

I am the Editor-Manager at LAWyersClubIndia. 

I believe that you have read the suggestion/request to be an offensive remark. 

I will rephrase it for you - LCI's objective is to help querists from all walks of life to get in touch with experienced legal experts and get answers, guidance and direction. It does not rule any specific sort of queries, nor does it exclusively restrict itself to one. 

We welcome academic as well as practical queries equally and it is the duty of us experts, to see that our querists feel comfortable asking a  reasonable question related to law, without an apprehension of being scolded on the forum for putting up an academic query. Infact we have a separate tab in itself for academic queries where students can ask questions. 

Hope you find reason in my message and help our students with their questions. 

Thanks for reading! 

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register