LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deeksha Kankate   04 August 2020

Obc ncl certificate

Hello my family income is below 8 lakhs i am a maharashtrian  residing in hyderabad from 1998 and my father is residing here since 1979 and my caste name vanjari is there in both the ncbc lists of maharashtra as well as telangana . am i eligible for the obc ncl certificate  because the tahsildar of hyderabad isnt providing one stating i am a migrant .

Learning

8 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 August 2020

You are domicle and permanent (ancestral) resident of Maharashtra accordingly authority in Hyderabad is correct and shall not issue any certificate qua your caste.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 August 2020

File RTI Application and seek such a specific reason for denying the NCBL certificate if the Tehsildar refused to orally inform you of the reasons for the rejection of such a certificate.

Application dt.5th Aug 2020 seeking information under RTI Act

Before: State Public Information Officer, Tehsildar Office,.............

Fee: Rs.10/-Adhesive Court fee stamp affixed here below.

Applicant:.........................

The subject on which information is sought: Rejection of application for  Issue of NCBC certificate to............................................Mr.......................S/o................residing at.....................................though he belongs to NCL status and his caste 'Vanjari" is backward class both in his native state Maharashtra and Telangana notified lists.(Application and income certificate of parents enclosed_

Information solicited:

1. Please inform the specific reasons for denying such an issue of certificate though the applicant belongs to the Non-creamy layer backward class as per eligibility norms.

Applicant.

Deeksha Kankate   05 August 2020

Am i not eligible for reservation even for central gov instituitions because according to central government rules you are eligible if your caste is mentioned in the ncbc lists

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 August 2020

Have you applied for the Certificate in Hyderabad and has it been rejected?

Deeksha Kankate   06 August 2020

Yes but i am eligible for one since i am residing in hyderabad since 1998 passed ssc n intermediate from here. The reason was only that my mother tongue is marathi.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 August 2020

Please do not assume things on your own, as NCLBC certificate has nothing to do with such mother tongue. Make efforts first to know the exact reason. More than 10% of residents at Hyderabad speak Marathi, as several parts of Maharashtra were in the erstwhile Hyderabad/Nizam area before the reorganization of states on 1-11-1956..

Deeksha Kankate   06 August 2020

i didnt assume it. in the letter reason for rejection was since mother tongue is marathi.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 August 2020

If so, the decision is injudicious. You may take up the issue with the District Collector or other appropriate authority. You also have the option of approaching the High Court through a Writ Petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register