Upgrad LLM

ancestors property

hi experts
from above 60 years ancestors house , no one document is registered till today.Their slibbings enjoying today also.They pay electric bill, Panchayat tax, water tax etc in their ancestors name and transfer their names also
1.can i buy it from them ?
2.can i register it in sub register office?
3.can i transfer it in my name as a owner of the house?

please suggest me . i know their family details many years.


'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.





Which personal law applies in seller’s case?

Are they all Hindu (from 1st owner amongst their forfather’s to current legal heirs)?

Who was 1st owner amongst their forfather’s say; Greatgrandfather?

How did 1st owner get the property say; by sale deed/partition/award-Inaam- Grampanchayat-Shamlaat- Laal Dora- Laal lakir/settlement deed/court decree etc?

Have you obtained the T&C of say; award-Inaam etc? Was due permission from concerned authority say; DC obtained?

Or is IT just illegally occupied land/adverse possession? Has the adverse possession been perfected by court decree?

Have you checked mutation records with all links docs?

How did the property devolve to last title holders/owners say; by inheritance?

When you post that siblings have transferred in their name then IT is by which valid/registered deed say; settlement deed etc?

The said property is agricultural land, rural, Urban, or it is a building?

Have the deceased 1st owner left any valid WILL? Was valid WILL duly acted upon without any cloud on IT?

The property is in which state?

Is there any pending court case?

IS EC clear?

If Title is good; are all legal heirs willing to sign the sale Deed?




Your own very able LOCAL counsel can opine if the title is good or bad!

If the Title is good and they are legitimate owner then only you should consider the deal.

If the title is marketable then you can consider buying and SRO may register and mutations records be updated and ownership be transferred in your name.



You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Revenue/Civil/Criminal  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists……the personal details of unsuspecting querists/citizens get stored in databanks/compromised……hacked.

Not only your counsel ( if other very able counsel opine that 1st counsel’s advise was bad, misleading) many posing as Lawyers (actually Liar) have been raking up disputes at online portals including LCI on subjects like ; WILL, Nomination, Gratuity etc etc with their misleading, illegal advices and conduct..and have failed due to untiring efforts by some sincere and good natured Experts that indeed want to help and contribute at such portals. Such entities operate by forming gangs ( ikdi, dukdi, tikdi, chokdi and even more)….and attempt to deflect, divert to other members of their gangs to fleece the unsuspecting querists. Many of such entities have never been to courts and might have never won in any case and may not be able to count even on their fingertips. In the end multiple fake ID’s of such IT’s and entities get permanently blacklisted, shunted out at online portals and outside online portals and even society………and that is exactly what they deserve. Make a note of such entities and if the need be act to confine them to correctional centers; Jail, and let their cost and consequences be, heritable. Why such IT’s and entities litter nuisance at online portals: to hide their own weaknesses, and to satiate their insatiable itch and due to their infectious greed. One should stay away from such infected entities and hence away from such infection. You may post if anyone has ever asked /is asking for money from you have paid.

 Such IT’s and entities keep on poping up at online portals with fake and new ID’s after  their old ID’s are permanently blacklisted/shunted out and money fleeced from unsuspecting is finished.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; O/o Tehsildar, Revenue/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Revenue/Civil/Criminal  matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.

There have many instances of such entities operating with multiple fake Id’s at online portals.



The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.

Rest; Your own very able LOCAL counsel as already advised above, can advise you in person, after examining all docs, inputs in person.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing.


If u want to face future problems u buy it u contact local civil advocate who is expert and take his opinion by giving the available documents of them.

Thank u very much for ur replay sir

they are hindu

great grand fathers,

but they don't know how their great grand father get.

no mutation records found in register office

no documents, no link documents there is no transaction on this.

in 2018 they create partition deed among family members ( only 2 legal hairs mother 80y, and son 45 years)

again son has 1 daughter, 1 son both are minors

the said property is old house in the state of andhrapradesh.(rural area)

no any will

there is no any court case

Ec shows 2018 partition deed among mother and son .

this is first registration on that property.

thank u once again.

now tell me sir can i move on this deed ?

property value is 25 lakhs. area plot,house extent is 5400 aq.fts. 60×90.

This means they have land before registration act came into force..have to come to conclusion on available documents.i.e tax paid reciept.khata extract assesment extract surrounding houses or sites adjacent to u r boundaries so that what they have mentioned.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x