Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (SE)     26 June 2018

Is there any age limit for law education llb ??

Hello All,

I am a salaried professional who is interested in Law education.I would like to know what is the age limit for applying for an LAW degree like LLB in india.

I have a bachelors degree in engineering already and have a work expereince of 11 years in IT industry,now i would like to pursue my Law education,Is it possible to apply for CLAT and other enterance tests in india at age of 35 ?

Please help in answering my queries.

Learning

7 Replies

TAMILAN INDIAN (nil)     26 June 2018

No age limit as of now.. but soon there can be limit as I heard so.

Ram (SE)     27 June 2018

Thanks for the reply.How do i confirm that there is no age limit ? Is there any website where we can check this information ?

Ram (SE)     27 June 2018

Thanks for the reply.How do i confirm that there is no age limit ? Is there any website where we can check this information ?

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=184832&offset=1#reply

Aakash Saxena   08 October 2018

To appear in the LLB Exam there is no age limit as prescribed by the Education Board you can appear for the exam. You can go for the masters program after completing the Bachelors 

Sharma Twinkle Manojkumar (Student)     16 March 2019

Very soon Sc is going to reconsider age limit of LLB courses, if you havent enrolled yet, please do the same ASAP. 

Shaktika Malhotra   24 March 2020

In UG courses for CLAT, in order to meet the eligibility criteria, candidate must have recieved an education upto senior secondary school (10+2) with a score of 45% (minimum) and in case of SC/ST 40% (minimum). There's no age restriction so far. There isn't any age limit for appearing in 3 year LLB course either. However, they need to have a bachelor's degree with minimum score of 50%.

Shaktika Malhotra   25 March 2020

No, there is no age limit to appear to appear for law entrance exams whether 3 year or 5 year program. For CLAT (5yr program courses) elegibility criteria is that the candidate must be educated up till senior secondary (10+2) level with a minimum score of 45% for general category and 40% for SC/ST category. In 3 year LLB program, the candidate who has an undergraduate degree in any stream with a minimum score of 50% is eligible to appear in the test.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register