Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Tax deduction in pf amount

I got pf amount (90000)with tax deduction in this fy 2017-18. My service in the company was 19 months so how can i claim for tax deducted from pf amount

It is not clear what you say.

First and foremost, there can be no deduction of TDS on PF Amount.

If you are an employee, then the Company itself would have effected 100% tax deduction on the amount of salary paid to you.

Therefore, unless you come out with clear facts, it is not possible to answer your query.



Hi ,    


After resigned from company and no other income sources so


I have recently closed and withdrawn my PF from EPFO department. After the PF amount was creditted to my saving account mentioned in the application of withdrawal I observed a deduction of 10% amount from my total PF Amount. I have 19 months of service when i closed the PF account .  Pan Card has been submitted to Epf office so how can i claim for tax dudcted from pf amount. What to do now ?


please guide me.


Pushpendra Singh



You have to file Income Tax Return indicating all your income, total tax liability, tax already paid (including TDS if any) and the amount of refund (if tax already paid is in excess of total tax payable by you)


ITR has been returned includng TDS and Salary received.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x