LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nayla   28 February 2018

Promotion

I am working in Central Public Sector Unit. I was last promoted 10 years ago i.e. 2008. Normally a employee gets promoted in 4-6 years. As per companies policy formed in 2014, promotion is based on ratings obtained by a employee. Ratings are given on basis of plans approved before start of the session/Financial Year. In this, plans are chalked out in consultation with appraiser and appraise. Employees in same grades/designation more or less are given same type of tasks with matching difficulty. The difficulty factor is necessary to be kept more or less same, and this is to be ensured by higher management, The written policy for the same is not available to us. However in guidelines it is given that difficulty factor have to kept more or less same for the employee in the same grade. The effect of keeping different difficulty factor is explained as follows – Say task is to achieve 100 tons of sales, both employees were given target to achieve 100% of sales but difficulty factor is given differently – this factor is given on a scale of 0.1 -0.9 (0.1 easiest and 0.9 most difficult). Employee “A” was given a difficulty factor of 0.7(i.e. job is easy) and employee “B” was given a difficulty factor of 0.9(i.e. task is difficult), both the employees achieves 100% of sales target, the score of employee A (given a low difficulty factor i.e. job is easy to do 0.7) will be 100 x 0.7 = 70, where for employee “B” the same target with different difficulty will result in 100 x 0.9 = 90 i.e. a difference of 20 marks in single task, for nearly 10-12 tasks given the difference becomes enormous, easy to put one employee i.e. “A” in “Satisfactory” category and other employee “B” in “Outstanding” category. Similarly other factors were also modified which ensures employee definitely falls in “Satisfactory” category. The same thing i.e. case of employee “A” happens to me continuously for two years, I even protested to seniors but nothing happened. Further it need to be mentioned i.e. ratings given are also very subjective even after achieving 100% of results the controlling officer may count it as achieved 75% only. Means if you don’t take care of toes of your boss you will be tossed, this happens in govt. organizations. This also needs to be mentioned at least five times I have been transferred many a times to adjust other employee, i.e. I am also not given full time to show my potential. As a result because of two “Satisfactory” rating from 2013-15 I am still not promoted and my career have been ruined. Please advise shall I first ask the company about the filling of performance and difficulty factor thru. RTI. Please advise all the legal remedies available, the last rating I have seen was in Nov. 2015 (it was satisfactory), i.e three will be completed in Nov. 2018, is there any time frame of three years for lodging cases service matters. What is court suitable, the corporate office of Company is in Delhi and I presently posted in NCR.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2018

High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register