Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guru prasad   11 July 2017

Home food - delivered to people

Hi Sir/Madam,

Food Products like idli, chappati made in home are sold/delivered to people house or office locations.
Can you pls let me know what type of taxes needed to be included as per govt. regulations.

Thank you.

Regards,
Guru

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

Local CA can guide you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 July 2017

You may also post at;

https://www.caclubindia.com/

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 July 2017

In the GST-exempt category: 

• Unpackaged, unprocessed and unbranded meat and offal of animals like swine, sheep, goats, horses, asses, mules or hinnies, etc.
  • Fresh or pasteurised milk, separated milk, milk and cream, not concentrated nor containing added sugar or other sweetening matter (except for ultra high temperature, i.e., UHT milk) and any milk or poultry products like butter-milk, paneer, honey which are unpackaged, unprocessed and unbranded.
  • Unfrozen and unpreserved fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • In the tea and coffee category, all goods of seed quality, i.e. coffee beans, not roasted; unprocessed green leaves of tea, fresh ginger, unprocessed fresh turmeric. Unbranded and unprocessed cereal, like wheat and meslin, rye, barley, oats, maize, rice, millet, etc. Any generic, unbranded flour–aata, maida, besan.
  • Prasadam supplied by religious places like temples, mosques, churches, gurudwaras, dargahs, etc.
  • Cane jiggery, puffed rice, pappad, bread.
  • Water (which is not aerated, mineral, purified, distilled, medicinal, ionic, battery, de-mineralized or sold in sealed containers), non-alcoholic toddy, neera, unbranded and unpackaged tender coconut water. Common salt, kala namak, rock salt.
  • Amongst medical products, human blood and its components, and all types of contraceptives, condoms, hearing aids.
  • Kumkum, bindi, sindur, alta. plastic bangles.
  • Printed books, including braille books and newspapers, periodicals & journals, maps, atlas, chart & globes.
  • Earthen pots and clay lamps, indigenous hand-crafted musical instruments
  • Manually operated or animal driven agricultural implements, and hand tools.
  • Slates, pencils and chalk sticks.
  •  

VARUN MAHAJAN (Proprietor)     19 July 2017

As per your Question

I would Suggest that as you are doing a business and the same can be treated as below

5% levy on small hotels and restaurants with an annual turnover of up to Rs 50 crore. AS per GST it is decided that 5% tax rate on restaurants in the meeting which also saw an approval for the Central GST (CGST) and State GST (SGCT) laws.

According to a report by the Press Trust of India, a 5% GST will be levied on small hotels and restaurants and dhabas with an annual turnover of up to Rs 50 lakh.

Further you need to file your Income Tax Returns as well

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register