Upgrad LLM

ancestral property claim

Hello Sir,

I have 3 sisters and I am the only brother in my family.All sisters are married for a long time.But now they are demanding a share that is our house which is an ancestral property (inherited by my father from his father i.e. my grandfather) in which we live,the only property that we have.My father the ancestral owner of the property i.e my current house  gifted this property to my wife way back in 2007 through a gift deed,(BUT NONE OF THE SISTERS CONSENT WAS TAKEN AS WE DIDN'T KNOW THAT THEY WOULD OBJECT OR DEMAND LATER )she is the sole owner of our house in which we live.

Can my sisters legally demand their share under the amended Hindu succession act 2005.

Can the sale deeds (gifted) can be challenged and cancelled now?.

My parents are in full support with me and they dont want to give any share to the married daughters as he has wilfully gifted this property to my wife and wants to remain this way.Both my parents are alive.Kindly suggest me the remedies through which my wife stays the rightful owner of property i.e. our house and legally I dont have to give any share to any of my sisters.

If any further information is required kindly mention the same as it is a matter of great importance to me




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x