Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Scanned copies for court cases-

hello,

i live abroad and have let my flat for rental in banglore ...and i usually get only the scanned copies of the rental agreement  from the tenant each time i had to renew it...the tenant usually signs it and sends the original to my local address in india along with sending a scanned copy to mine ...some times i dont get the original . just a scanned copy..
but usually, do these kind of scanned copies hold good in litigation cases or do we need to have originals...

Learning

2 Replies

Arvind Manghirmalani (Advocate High court Bombay Trained mediator 91-9869617090 9594255075)     27 May 2014

No, Scanned copies don't hold good in evidence in litigation. In absence of original, you can have certified true copy of document from registration authorities at banglore, if the document is registered one. unregistered documents have very limited evidenciary values as per rent act. therefore, always approach lawyer, pay stamp duty to government and register the agreement and be tension free atleast from evidenciary value of proving a document in litigation.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 May 2014

As suggested, you may, in future, get the rental agreement deed registered so that your fear about litigation can be shed away.What about the original documents sent to your home address?, don't you get them? or are you not making any arrangement towards receipt and securing it ?.  What is the mode of rental payment?, In the scanned copy itself you can find the conditions thereto, so you can proceed as per that, in case of denial, only then you may have to go for litigation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register