LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Pandey (Engineer)     13 September 2013

Deposit return from landlord

I have been transferred from New Delhi to Bangalore in July. I vacated the flat from New Delhi on 23rd July,2013. I took this on 16 March, 2011. Actually my owner never gave me any receipt or rent agreement. He has to return me an amount of 5238 INR after full & final. He promised me that he will return the amount by depositing in my account. Now he is not picking my call & property dealer also not helping me. I have the following proofs-

1. Voter ID & Aadhar card on that address.

2. Old gas bills & electricity bills on that address. In new electricity bills, still my mobile number mentioned. 3. Movers & Packers company documents that we leave the flat on 23rd July. And tickets also of the same day for going to hometown.

4. I recorded the voice of landlord & dealers in which they are accepting about my security deposit.

5. Message sent by landlord for asking my bank account number & I replied also.

6. I sent a letter to my landlord for returning my deposit by registered post AD, which delivered on 27th August. I have print out of its tracking. I have given him time of one week. But he didn't take any action.

7. I sent this whole matter by e-mail to Delhi police commissioner & got an acknowledgement by e-mail from there. They forwarded the mail to joint commissioner of that area. I have print out of that mail. Now i want to sent legal notice to him. Rite now i am staying at Electronics City, Bangalore. Please lawyers in Bangalore help me regarding this matter.

Learning

3 Replies

SAI KIRAN R (ADVOCATE)     13 September 2013

File a civil suit for recovery of money at Delhi if you have enough proof for your payments. You cannot take any legal action at Bangalore.

Himanshu Pandey (Engineer)     13 September 2013

Hello,

Can i send a legal notice from here? Its difficult to do any action from Delhi now. Is it possible something from here?

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     14 September 2013

For the amount Rs 5238. The legal action is not advisable as for financial gain is concerned. The local advocate will charge fees,you have to appear in court when the case stands so many times. It's up to you .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register